MY KIMONO, FASHION & FACTS OF LIFE!!!

Wednesday 3 May 2017

Hey guys,

Happy new Month!.

Hope you had a nice long weekend cuz I did myself. What did you get up to? I pretty much did something I hadn't done in a while...I went OUT!! Yup! You read that right! It sure felt great hanging out with friends at the jam rock event and a night of a thousand laughs. I do hope more of these could happen so I can finally say I have a life!

Speaking of life, isn't it amazing? Practically almost everything teaches us something about life. Let's talk fashion for example.


I'm not one whose usually all "dress up and slay" but I do like to look simple and nice, which to me, is my definition of fashion.

Over the weekend however, feeling very fashionable with myself, I decided to rock my black kimono which I've had for a while, a tank top and a nice pair of jeans. I remember asking my self in front of the mirror "Gurl!!..where the heck is your fashion sense?" Isn't it better to rock this with a dress, a skirt or some nice looking shorts?" After several back and forth's, I realized it didn't matter what I wore..cuz together, it all looked good on me whichever way.















Something about fashion and life?

Several pieces working together are more significant than each piece.

A great outfit is worth more than a sum of its individual parts, and the way pieces play off of one another is key to a great style. This interrelationship is also true in accomplishing most things in life. We can have much greater impact working with others than alone, or as I've grown fond of saying the power of "we" achieves infinitely more than the power of "me".

A few “exceptional” pieces give you more than a closet full of “okay” pieces

A problem I always had back in the days was getting "exceptional" pieces which led to having loads of clothes but having no clothes at all. After some growth and much decluttering recently, I do not have a closet bursting with clothes. I have a few nice things, all pieces I really love and can wear a long time. This offers me simplicity, focus and easy organisation, and when I apply this same methodology to my life, I am freed up to live a life of much greater purpose, rather than a jumble of activities of marginal value. I believe it is best to choose a few high-value pursuits and let go of the rest. Or what do you think?


What facts of life can you learn from fashion?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs