THAT FESTIVE FEELING!!!

Thursday 21 December 2017

It’s Christmas; it’s Christmas! The day we’ve waited for all year is finally here! If you’re anything like me, you're most likely looking forward to the special item number 7.
My Excitement when Food just dropped by.
The holidays have completely snuck up on me this year. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were turning the clock back and now, here we are with just a few days to go.

There's a lot to do at this time of the year with just 3 days left. Here is how I plan to make the most of my Christmas.

This Christmas, I've decided I'm going to enjoy it. Sounds so obvious...or no? Okay, but like everything in life,- you get out what you put in. So this year, I'm putting in a relaxed, happy approach with the hope that at the end of Christmas day, thats exactly what I'd have got out of it- a lovely, relaxed happy day with family. A Christmas that we'll remember for all the right reasons.

Hmmmm...the right reasons!.. Could the right menu be part of the reasons? Oh YES! Ofcos. What's a Christmas without a Menu?.. The right Menu?

So this Christmas, I decided I'd be a little different and more involved with the planning and preparation process...in a very relaxed way though. Christmas is usually spent simply and quietly in my house with the usual regular Christmas meals. - Jollof rice, fried rice and salad, along with some protein and some juice.

Now I'm most definitely not the cook In my clan but somehow, some occasions like Christmas and "Chef Sophs moments", I get loose in the kitchen..quite scary I must say.
This year, I decided to spice up the menu a little bit..which is even more scary,..probably most scary, especially because, I'm also going to be using the opportunity to learn how to cook my first ever Chinese rice. Sounds risky right? Well, I'd be Sophrisky for the day and hope that I dont find myself and family in jail the hosipital post-christmas. So my Menu consists of Starters - Smoothies and some mash, Main Course- Chinese rice, salad and some roast chicken if possible, and Desert being cake and Ice cream. Yummy or nah? What do you think of My Menu?
So here's the plan. I wake up at 7am, do a bit of exercise, play some nice gospel music, have some God and family time, start with the cooking, which should be fun with my mama trying to tell me what quantity of salt and pepper to put in, dine with the FAM, watch a movie afterwards, and then probably take an evening walk. I definitely should have been stuffed from all the food by then but
I hope to share my experience in a good state afterwards. 

What are your Christmas day plans? 

3 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good plan..... I love the item 7 though 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice plan + good choice of menu. I think I'd second you on some mash. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Merry Christmas Soph.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs