10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT NATURE!!!!

Sunday 19 April 2015

Hey guys,

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty refreshing and relaxing as I got to spend time with family, friends and of course, nature.


I usually love spending time indoors, watching movies, reading books, surfing the net, gisting with fam and most especially, sleeping like a log. This weekend however, I decided to get in touch with someone really special, someone I thought I had neglected for a while:- The beautiful Mother Nature. Oh how beautiful she is!. So beautiful even the blind can see her through the feel of her soft gentle breeze that caresses their faces and cools their bodies. As I laid there in the greenness of the field, gazing at the clouds in the sky, the mountains and trees, the birds and beautiful creatures, I could not but wonder why we go in search of beauty when we have them all around us.

I figured becoming more aware and appreciating nature can truly have a good effect on our view of life and in the way we feel about ourselves. Hence, I decided to share a list of things I love about beautiful mother Nature and I hope you can share yours too in the comment box below.

NATURE IS MIRACULOUS 

Things can never be the same with nature. No matter how many times you look at something, it is always different. Nature can set a sky aflame at sunset or magically transform a familiar landscape into a wonderland. It can paint a rainbow in the sky, paint beautiful autumn colors on trees, or paint a clump of daffodils in the grass with a glow of soft sunlight.

NATURE HAS A GREAT EFFECT ON MY MOOD

Nature has a way of affecting our moods and it can force us to change our plans. For example, when it is sunny and bright outside, we feel cheerful inside. When it is cloudy and rainy, we often feel gloomy. When there is a beautiful and starry night, the moonlight makes us feel romantic.

NATURE GIVES ME HOPE 

When I see the leaves budding on a tree or when a timid flower pushes through the solid ground, or when I smell the freshness of spring or a brand new day, new hope always comes to me.

A PROOF OF GOD'S EXISTENCE AND A REASON TO BE THANKFUL 

When I wake and see the sunrise, when I walk and feel the breeze, when I gaze at the mountains and the splendor of the seas, when I see the earth renew its beauty each season of the year, and when the stars shine at night, I say to my self "only God could have made these possible" and I express my thanks to the Lord for giving us all these wonderful and miraculous things.

NATURE FREELY GIVES ITSELF AWAY

There is no financial cost to reap the rewards of nature.

NATURE LISTENS TO ME 

There is no judgment when it comes to nature, only acceptance and respect.

NATURE SMELLS GREAT 

There is something about the smell of nature that is really hard to blog about because it can't be broadcast over the internet like a photo or even a sound but I'll do my best lol. When I go to a nature park the first thing I do is take a deep breath of the fresh air. Then when I walk towards the trees and grasses, the first thing I smell is the damp earth combined with old fallen leaves. This earthy smell has an instinctive calming effect on me. Also, every tree has its own unique smell too. Some have a sweet smell while others are almost sour or bitter, but they're all good. Walking past a pine tree can be one of the most enjoyable experiences ever.

NATURE DISPLAYS DIVERSITY 

Nature displays incredible diversity in all her glory. There are fat trees and skinny ones, short ones and tall ones. Within a single clump of yellow flowers, you might find a pink one and realize that it’s a mutation. But In nature, we don’t say ‘How wrong! That flower is different; that tree is fat!’ Instead, we say, ‘How beautiful!’

NATURE BONDS PEOPLE TOGETHER 

Nature has a very strong bonding power. Instead of movies, lunch, dinner or holidays, I'd usually prefer going on dates to the park, the beach or just an empty field where I get to experience the soothing power of nature. There's nothing as beautiful as spending time alone with your loved ones in the company of mother nature. She enhances the connection between souls and awakens our senses and emotions.

NATURE HEALS 

The healing power of nature has massive implications for health. Unlike pharmaceuticals, surgery, or even counseling, nature is free and easily available for most people. Being in nature, or even viewing scenes of nature, reduces anger, fear, and stress, increasing pleasant feelings. Exposure to nature not only makes one feel better emotionally, it contributes to their physical well-being, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones. Asides from the occasional bee sting or poison ivy rash, nature comes without any side effects. And those are the reasons why I love nature.

I hope this inspires everyone to experience these incredible gifts for themselves.

Have a blessed and beautiful week ahead :D.

13 comments :

  1. Beautiful Sophie... I have spent this whole weekend walking outdoors... it has been so wonderful being with nature after this long Winter... I plan to spend many days outside ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks launna hun.. I also plan on spending more time outside and in the fields. Until recently, I hadn't done dat in a looong time and it felt really good. So u should too..<3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Looking very beautiful namesake..I love nature too
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post...nature gives us life and always has a way of bringing the goods moods our way!!
    http://wairimumurigi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. **Deep Sigh.. Its beauRRiful isnt it?! how GOD Almighty created everything in such perfection.. I was recently opportuned to fly for the 3rd time in my entire llllooonnnggg ass life.. And i looked through the windows while enroute and saw the Horizon.. You know that point where it seems like the Earth met with the skies, and **in www.sykkik.blogspot.com 's voice.. Oh My days Bubba toh sure.. It was a priceless and vewy beauRRiful someRRin to look at.. You know its wonderful what all GOD created.. Truly Nature gives hope.. When the trees whither today and look all dead with yellowish leaves, and then tomorrow they bloom like they never were in such a state! Amazing I tell you Bubba, Amazing.. and the crowd goes... Awwwgghhh :) Oya Ooossssshheeeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything God created is indeed wonderful and beautiful. Thanks Duru :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature indeed is beautiful, most especially if forgives and heals amidst all the hurt and inhumanity done to it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature indeed is beautiful but most of all, nature forgives and heals amidst all the inhumanity done to it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness gracious! You are such a beauty Sophie... I admire your view of life and personality.. Keep up the good work..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lady, beautiful post..:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog Sophie..please check your email..John xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You´re an inspirating person to me, I like your thoughts & words :-*

    www.thepinkheartgirl.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs