april post: A LITTLE JABBER WITH BENNY ARK!!!

Sunday 26 April 2015

Hey guys,

For those who didn't attend the numerous weddings that seemed to have taken place this weekend, how was your weekend? I hope you'all had a restful one? Asides being on duty at work on saturday, I was torn between going for a friend's wedding, a friend's dad's memorial, a bridal shower and a close friend's dinner party. What's a girl to do when she can't possibly divide herself? I simply had to apply the 'show face' strategy, breezing in and out like the famous Katherine Heigl in 27 dresses. I'm glad I was able to attend all activities even though I ended up staying the longest at the dinner party then the bridal shower.

Look who got interviewed for my 15 for 15 monthly challenge. Benny Ark himself, popularly known as 'The ark of cool'.


Though on a break from radio at the moment, Benny ark is every bit a charmer. With his confident and deep baritone voice, great looks, 6ft, 3inches height and a wonderful stage presence, he warms his way into the hearts of his listeners/audience, earning him a reputation as an on air personality.

He started out as a radio presenter on 96.9 Cool FM Abuja in 2006, and has since then, cherished his dreams and experiences as an on Air personality.

He speaks a bit about himself, his career journey, marriage and parenting in this exclusive interview with my humble self.

Many people know you as an On Air Personality. But I’d like to know more. In three words,please describe yourself.

Charismatic ,Assertive and  Compassionate

What was your growing up like and educational background?

Grew up within a closely knitted family where everyone looked out for each other. I am a graduate of Business Administration from Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma Edo state.

How and when did you get on to Radio?

I got on radio in 2006 through a Radio Reality competition called the Broadcaster organised by 96.9 Cool FM Abuja.

What has been your favorite interview through out your career journey?

I have had lots of interesting interviews and I  wouldn't say I have one favorite interview that stood out above the rest because every interview has it's peculiarity.

What has been the 'best' part of radio work?

Being able to connect, interact and engage with people while keeping them company without being seen.

What's the worst/most embarrassing thing that has happened to you on air?

Hardly one I can readily call to mind.

What's the most memorable topic you've discussed on radio?

Every topic has its relevance and so I'd say all but still the one to come.

Asides the dream and belief that you were born for the lights,camera & action, what other dream/dreams do you have.

Public Speakings.I am doing  a bit of that already as I have a lined up speaking activity within the quarter in some tertiary institutions within the FCT and without. I also hope to own my Radio station sometime in the 'not so' distant future.

Now that you are on a break from radio, what do you keep busy with?

I operate a PR/Event/Advertising firm of which I have always run by the side whilst I was on air. I have a handful of clientele I provide services to and this has been the preoccupation of my time off Radio for now.

What do you consider to be your best inherited asset?

 My intuitive Mind.

Describe your type of woman

That is my wife. Beautiful,intelligent,Classy with a sting of confidence and a simple but stylish dress sense.


As a married man and in your opinion, what would you say are the keys to a happy/successful marriage?

I would say communication,understanding and respect for each other's differences.

What are the three things you are most thankful for in your life right now and what are some of the things you do to show this thankfulness?

Thankful for Life, Family and Purpose. By being thankful in itself and finding ways to show appreciation the much I can by ways of deeds, tokens and by being there always.

What do you consider to be your greatest strengths? Your greatest weaknesses?

My greatest strengths I would say is everything I have informed knowledge on, in relation to my purpose and living. I am intuitive and intransigent.
My weaknesses, unequivocally, I am an impatient soul.


Seeing as you have welcomed your little man Kendrick, in your opinion, what makes a great parent?

Parenting is a two way street.There are roles to be fulfilled (My role and Her role). Our ability to understand our individual roles and assume it makes it interesting. Provision, nurturing, tendering, caring and loving. These and more I believe, are essentials for good parenting.

For those who admire what you do and have aspirations to follow in a similar path, how fulfilling is your career as a Radio personality.?

They should know that fulfillment is the reward you get for going after your passion in the first place and then monetary rewards or fulfillment is based on the value you have and give.
I have a good life and i am living a good life so far.

Wasn't it nice having the ark of cool on board? I did enjoy every bit of my chat with Benny Ark and from sophsinspirations.blogspot.com, we wish him the very best.


Until next time guys,
Have a nice week.

7 comments :

  1. Nice one soph,..doing really great with your blog..keep up hurl..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Benny.. He's such a freshie..you make me wana blog Sophie...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol indeed!!....awwwwwww you should Hun, I'd love to read from you..:D

      Delete
  3. Awwww Benny!! Isn't he soo Fresh!!! Really lovely post and interview.. I certainly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The main man, the ark himself.. Soph you really going places with this blog oh lol..nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've watched this blog grow gradually and consistently.. You certainly doing really good with this space.. This was such a nice read..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this line made me go Hmmmnnn...

    "They should know that fulfillment is the reward you get for going after your passion in the first place and then monetary rewards or fulfillment is based on the value you have and give."

    and to it the crowd goes Yeeeeaaaahhh mehn! you know yeah, its beauRRifyul how people feel fulfilled and make cash off of their passion at the same time.. To me that is truly LIVING... Wait Chill.. You know Benny Ark! Chisos!!! **Faints and then Faints AGAIN in the first faint.. heheh Thats Awesome.. How cool is that?! oh Mehn!! You know literally 1 big ghen ghen someBorry in every sphere of life.. Mbok can i Be like you when i grow up Biko?! cause Damn!! I sooooo need to improve my Popularity and Know who status.. hheheheheh. This was such an interesting read as usual.. and it hit me the way he described his wife with so much Passion but yet such few words.. that showed Respect.. and to that the crowd goes..Awwwgghhh! Plus that Picture with his Kid was DOPE! :)

    Happy Last day of the Month Sophie Toh Sure.. May the month of May be filled with many many many Turn uPs!.. ehen! That reminds me!! You see life ba?! While Some of us are looking for where to go lori Saturday, some people **Winks are Just showing face in series of events due to too many options.. ***Snif Sniff.. Inshort Burst into Tears.. heheheheheeh Cheers Bubba.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs