A MONTH WITHOUT MOVIES!!!!

Thursday 30 April 2015

Hey guys,

How has your week been so far? Anyone excited about the weekend? Well I am! Its definitely going to be a long one, all thanks to the government for declaring Friday a public holiday.


Being that I've been eagerly waiting to see fast 7, I'm pretty excited that I've finally come to an end with my 'no movie' challenge for the month of April. I'm sure you all remember my monthly challenge. So far, I've done a month without coffee, a month without junks and now, a month without movies. Of all the challenges I've done for The Year of Living Without, going without movies has been the one with the most mixed feelings for me. One side of me enjoyed being free of movies as I had more time to read, write and hangout with nature as opposed to going to the movies.

On the other hand, I couldn't hang out with family when they watched movies. And if you have a cute mum like mine, you'd know that staying a room away from her isn't such a great idea when you really don't want to see a movie because then, she basically gives you hints about the movie by making loud comments like "Gosh! shoot him already" "why did he have to come back" " I know Sam will die in the end"....you could basically tell what the movie's all about without actually seeing it in itself and this wasn't so great.

A couple of times, I was invited out to the movies but had to turn down or suggest lunch or dinner instead. Other times, I had involuntarily clicked on videos to watch before actually realizing I was on a 'no movie' challenge. On my lil cousins birthday, he wanted us all to watch the first episode of Naruto, one of his favorite anime shows. I had to sit out and I felt bad.

It wasn't so difficult skipping out on movies after all. All thanks to my busy life. I actually got more reading and work done this month than normal which was really great. Although, I really do miss watching my series and I look forward to storming the movies this weekend.

Here are my thoughts on what I think I'd do going forward.

I'd be more selective with my movies. Hence, I’m not going to be watching irrelevant online videos unless it’s to learn something useful.

Only one movie at the theaters per month. That way, I can focus on more productive activities.

And finally, I'd allow myself 4 hours of movies a week and see how well I do with it.

My next month's challenge would be sleeping for only 6 hours daily.

Have a nice weekend guys.

4 comments :

  1. Sophie... wow no movies, I only watch a couple per month now... years ago, I watched 2 per day... wow hey... crazy, I couldn't imagine that now. I would want to sleep 8 hours a night if I could... I'm lucky if I get 4-6... but never all at once...xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess as life becomes busier the desire for movies reduces but I'm not sure about sleep. I could sleep a whole day and not feel like its been wasted lol..I normally sleep for 8-9 hrs but I wana have a set time of 6hrs daily..I doubt that would be easy but I'd try anyways lol xxx

      Delete
  2. The movie was definitely worth watching. Although some of the stunts were over exaggerated. I guess that what make it a Fast and Furious.

    adenowoseyi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. **Hian! Nawa oh! 1 trip to the theater a month (Thats 31 days oh!)?! 4 Hours of Movie time a week (Thats approximately only 2 movies oh :()?! Chisos!! You are hacSHually serious with this thing oh! **Cleans sweat.. the llloooorrddd is ya Muscle mbok.. So i saw FF7 a while ago and it was frosh! Tyrese was teh shizzle ma niggle :) i was like Daayyyuuummm.. For the record yeah.. Paul Walker (R.I.P) was a slayer all through the movie.. But aswear teh Ojoro and Onyibo Film Trick in that movie na die... At a time me an the entire hall were like Ahan!!! Come on!! heheheheh And the scene they fell from the Planes with their cars yeah! i just kept scream shi! hehehe lmao! its an awesome movie biko.. and Long day (the official Theme song for Paul Walker {R.I.P} has been my ring tone for quite a while **Wears sad face)

    One thing i really do admire about this series is that it is one of Discipline.. As in it takes a lot to do these things you do.. Hence i duff my hat for you.. maybe i should do a month without Alcohol, or Instagram or Looking for Ladies trouble on Whatsapp.. **Thinking... Ehmm.. Ehmmm.. ERhym... nahhhh.. Scartch that... i will just die :)..

    Whats up?! Whats up?! Sophie toh Sharp.. Blogger toh Sure.. Writer toh ghe ghen ju.. This was quite a fun read as usual.. You go geh :) **Shines teeth and the crowd goes.. Oooosssshhheeeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs