A FEW INTRESTING THINGS ABOUT MAY!!!

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Hey guys,

Happy new month. Before I dive into the subject matter of the day like I always do, I'd like to tender my sincere apologies for my little hiatus which has been quite reoccurring of late. I wish I had an explanation, but let's just stick with busyness and a bit of laziness. I'm back now though and hope to be a bit more consistent even though I know I've said that before lol. Anyways, April to me seemed pretty fast. It was one of my busiest months. I'd say probably the busiest of the busiest if that makes sense. But hey!, May is here and there are a few interesting facts about this month for me. Let's start with the first shall we?

Remember the music album Shine like gold by Olaedo which I spoke about in a previous post? Well, its official now guys *woop woop*!.


Her first album lunch would be on the 24th of may at 805's Esquire Lounge & Bar 817 Old Kent Road, London SE15 1NX at 6pm sharp. Entry is free. However, you will have to pay £10.00 to get the CD. Please feel free to bring family & friends along with you. The more the merrier. Hope to see you all there and please remember, dulling is a Taboo so don't engage in it *wink* *wink*.

On a second note, I'd be getting into stage two of my book writing process this month. Yeah, I've been working on a book for some time now (officially began in April) and as we know, this is done in stages.

The first stage which was 'finding a voice', involved me writing until I really started feeling and “sounding” like myself. This meant working through the 'trying to sound smart season' and the 'trying to be funny season' and getting into the true voice that will feel authentic and true to the readers. And for this month, I'd be hitting the next stage which is 'finding a subject'. From the look of things and from my little research, the best books ever written, were about nature, childhood or personal life experiences and I see mine heading towards a mix/touch of all three of them but mostly around personal life experiences.

Also, a very good friend of mine, Susan, more like a sister I never had, would be getting a year older this month.


I'm super grateful to God for having known this lady for 6 good years of my life. She's been a major support system, a shoulder, a source of inspiration and an encouragement to me and everyone around her. And If I had to give a detailed description of her heart, I'd probably exhaust this space but I'd stick to one word: Beautiful!. I'm specially wishing you sis, a beautiful year ahead. And if you ever feel old, just remember that I'm growing old along with you. Love you to the moon and back hun...
Okay moving on from the mushy-ness.

The next interesting fact about may is children's day.


If you know me well, you'd know that my love for kids has no bounds. I love them like Duru loves hot chili or better still, Ribenna lol. Most celebrations/festivities are usually not complete without kids for me not to talk of children's day in itself. And no matter how old I grow, I love to keep in touch with childhood memories and retain my view of the world through the eyes of a child. Hence, I love to spend time with them. So, come 27th may, I shall be spending the day with my kids probably the night with them too.

Finally, let's all join hands in thanking God for strength, perseverance and divine favour in miss Soph's life as she'll be moving from one hierarchy to the next at her place of work come worth May-end..can I hear an Amen! Somebody? Lol



God is indeed faithful and only him could have seen me through the hustles and bustles of life. I trust him and I believe that my journey has only begun. He that has started this marvelous work, is more than able to see it through till the end. And on that note, I just want to end this post by saying Thank you lord!.

Enjoy the rest of your week :)

3 comments :

  1. Sophie, Heavenly Father is wonderful... congratulations on your new position ♡♡♡

    Happy birthday to your friend... she sounds like a sweetie xox

    Also, we all get busy and need to take a break from time to time... very understandable... we will be here when you come back ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good month and wish you all the best with your book writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen ...and happy birthday Susan ...
    Damn she's pretty

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs