BEAUTIFUL SCARS!!!!

Sunday 17 May 2015

Hey guys

Happy beautiful Sunday. I hope you all had a lovely weekend? I did myself. As a matter of fact, I wish the weekend could go on forever but a girl must work. Any plans for the new week? Two things for me this week though: Give more and pray more. I haven't been so active with my prayer life of recent and most times when this happens, it affects the best aspect of me. Most especially, I get so disorganized and distracted, which in turn, affects my productivity. So I really need to step that up real good.

I was listening to a sermon on TV yesterday when the preacher referred to God's love as being 'aggressive'. I dint quite understand the aggressive bit of it until I was in the shower this morning when I noticed a scar around the left side of my ribs. I knew I once had an injury there but I dint think it left me a scar.


As I felt and rubbed on it softly, I remembered the incident that led to the scar. It was one of those hot weekends when my brothers and I decided to go swimming with our neighbors. I am far from a good swimmer but I can do well at the shallow end. On that faithful evening however, my brothers and friends decided to set me up on a challenge. I was dared to swim all the way to the deep end and then, return to the shallow end. I was a bit skeptical but then I felt I was up to the task. On getting towards the end of the deep-end, I began to loose balance and panic set in. water got into my mouth. I swallowed some. I couldn’t keep my head above water or my feet on the pool floor. I felt my self gradually sinking, and then, I began screaming as I struggled. My brother who was all the way at the shallow end, rushed towards me, and in attempts to push me up and out of the water, griped me fiercely around my lower waist. Within short intervals of trying to grasp some air, I could feel the passion/aggression with which he used in trying to get me out and at the same time, trying not to drown, from his fingernails digging into my flesh. Luckily for us, I was able to reach the pool stairs after some vigorous movements and we both got out but with a bit of deep scratches which ended up living scars.

We all have scars..maybe not from fights or drowning but from our past. A painful past, a bitter experience, a traumatic episode, a major loss and many more. Some of those scars have caused us sleepless nights, some have caused us pain, sorrows and deep regrets. But some scars my dear are beautiful scars that remind us of God's aggressive love for us..so aggressive that he wouldn't let us go even in the fiercest situations. He's always there in the midst of our struggles holding on to us and trying to make us rise above the storm. Though the pressure might be much but he'll never let us go. Embrace your scars today, because the reason you survived them, is because God loves you so much that he did not and would never let you go.

I hope this inspires anyone going through a hard time. Never forget that you are not alone and God loves you aggressively.

Have a blessed week ahead.

2 comments :

  1. Wow God loves me aggressively I like that part most.. Yeah we all have scars and the mere fact that we survived them makes it beautiful..

    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just reading this now and this is when I need it the most. Sophie more of this it's inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs