WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?!!!!!

Sunday 22 January 2017

Hey guys,

I know this is coming in really late but hey! it's still a new year, so I can still say Happy new year my lovely blog readers! I hope the year has been great thus far?

The calendar page has now turned from 2016 to 2017 and some will say "Not a moment too soon" as a result of the most dreaded question which always increases with each passing year - "When are you getting married? "


I recently called a friend I hadn't spoken to since late last year and the first thing he said to me was "I thought you've married!". After I replied saying "Is that how they now marry"?, To make matters worse, he now asked " Oya when is the wedding"? This really got me thinking about this seemingly comical but ultimately very serious issue. MARRIAGE!!


I don't know if it's just me but the issue of marriage seems very deep (not like I'm against marriage or anything), but it just gets me wondering each time. It gets so deep, especially in this part of the world and for women, that if at 24 or 25 she still hasn't gotten married, it will turn to prayer point. Any other age from then on will be unto deliverance or from one prayer mountain to another. Next thing, she'll end up being pressured into marrying early and to the wrong person or to someone she probably doesn't love.

Getting married is easy, staying married is difficult. In fact, the wedding for some is the only time during the course of marriage, they will love each other genuinely and be truely happy because after the wedding, marriage begins and that's when yawa go start. My mum once said for a marriage to work, it's not about compatibilities but incompatibilities. That is to say, its not about how compartable you guys are but how you handle the incompatibilities.

As much as I'd love to get married and to the man God has ordained for me, I have come to realise that there are very necessary questions to ask myself, there are many things and keys of wisdom to aquire before embarking on that journey called marriage.

It is not a game nor a race, an achievement nor an outdated institution. Marriage is a mentality that we need to build and cultivate with and by the word of God.

So rather than ask dreading questions like "when are you getting married"?  " When do I get my asoebi"?, "When is he proposing"?, why don't you come along to the singles and married seminar where you can get answers to the many questions and thoughts that come up in your minds with regards to relationships, marriage, dating, sex and many more.


Time: 8am-12pm
Venue: 6B lasale close Maitama Abuja.

Hope to see you there and have a lovely week. :)


2 comments :

  1. Lol..that moment when you can completely relate with a post.#truewords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have it right Sophie... getting married is easy... staying married is work but when there is love it is so worth it. I know a few couples who have so much love and respect for each other... yet they have their hard times too... it is a fact of life xox

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs