To Love or Be Loved? By Duru Adolphus Jnr.

Friday 13 February 2015


Pre-Script: Happy Valentines day #TeamSophsInspiration and #YncGang.... Wishing y'all the best Cupids day ever. Okay so regardless of the fact that I am not a normal human being, i am supposed to be as normal as I can be on this post.... So **In my Onyibo Accent yeah... Amma do ma best... Wish me luck fam... **wears Mr. Nigeria smile...

**walks in wearing a Black Tuxedo and a bow tie looking all civil and co-ordinated.... Good morning everybody, hope you guys are doing well? Trust y'all are ready for the lovers day?! Mehn scratch that.. Turn Up Turn Up ladies and Gentlemen, wat gwan fam? Whats popping? Whats the 411 gang? Hope you guys are ready for the most Mushy Mushy day in the world? Mmmeeeehnnnn i can only imagine whats going down now in France oh, the ci'R'y of love... looks for Clara... Egbon any gist for us? **shines teeth. So I am uber excited to be writting for the beautiful 'Sophie toh sure', as she is by all standards one of the coolest bloggers I have met in all my blogging career, and her blog posts are ever inspiring and fun to read. **whispers Oya lemme confess.. When the idea came up for us to write on eachothers blogs (unedited by the actual blog owner) yeah, I was overly uber excited about her writting on my blog, that i immersed myself in the ghen ghen excitement and paid little attention to the fact that i was writing for her also, well thats how one feels when someone who inspires him greatly does such a ghen ghen move... It leaves him loyal, amazed and humbled **shines teeth. So lets do this... **Waves at Tuke Morgan... Bubba i am a mega fan oh... Heard so much about you and its official, i wanna be like thee when i grow up... **waves at Cassie Davies... Bubba, your smile is out of this world... CHOI each time i hook up on your blog ehn, i am always immersed in your beauty.. CHISOS... Anefer hexsperred it fa., plus i still plan to come steal your ghen ghen camera oh :) . So fam... Leggo...

In my Young and Confused head, i am learning that Love is a beautiful thing... Hard to understand, harder than coconut to explain, and tough to find like fuel in Nigeria during the yuletide season.... However it is easy to fall into, to be misunderstood, and to be confused for other things... However, one of the things that i know i have learnt about love in my 23 years 3 months and 3 days of existence is that Love is more of a choice than an emotion as 1 + THE ONE taught me... Funny thing yeah, is that life has taken me to so many places, bringing me to the feet of lots of beautiful ladies; some i have craved for, some i have infactuated for, some i have felt butterflies in my stomach for at the initial stage just to realise it were the worms in my stomach singing Hallelujah hymns out of hunger, some i have said to myself with utmost confidence "This is the one, the Ying for my Yang"... Mehnn how confused and delusional I have being... The truth is sincerely yeah, i dont think i have ever been in true love before, cause i am learning that for one to truly be in love ehn, he has to both LOVE AND BE LOVED at the exact same time... And since i am a 'Johnny just come', abi A 'Johnny Never come' sef on the above subject matter, i am constantly told by elder colleagues and mentors that when it happens (A man is in love) everything would be perfect... His world would stop spinning and everyone would freeze and matter less to him except the woman who causes him to feel so special.. :) I guess either me or my mentors are watching too much Onyibo film? **wears straight face.

Truth is regardless of my shenanigans and woman wrapper nature I see myself as a very vulnerable young man.. Like a tender piece of glass, and no matter how much of a gangster or player player i try to act, i know deep within me, i am a confused softie. **whispers Truth is thats how most guys are, like a coconut... Scared of being hot, used, miscontrued and all... But upon hitting 20, i made a decision to kick off my shoes, stop waiting for love to come my way, but to rather go out there, find love and dance like no one was watching... I decided to let go of my fear and choose to Love rather than be scared of being hurt... Yep... I chose to love.

So the kicker question of this post is :

To love or be loved, which is more important to you?

Well I for one will tell you that to me, I prefer to Love and I care less if I am not loved in return... strange ba?! Well i have in the past learnt that; waiting to be sure that someone loves me before i give my heart fully, or going around seeking love is like chasing a christmas chicken on the run, so I have decided within me to Love freely and openly regardless of if a mutual level of emotion is being shown back... Why? Cause I dont believe in forever, i believe that i have so little time here, so why waste it waiting to be loved, when I could easily can go out there and love someone fully. I know its a risque kinda life i live, but its my confused view of life.

So up to you fam... Whats your perspective?! Whats your choice, which is more important? To love or be Loved? cause in all sincerity, and through my Young and Confused eyes; only about 12 percent of the worlds population actually are previledged to Both love fully and be loved fully...

Cheers fam, and do have a ghen ghen Valentines day celebration.... Turn down for what bikonu? Only turn up ohhhh.... Cause in the year 2015 yeah, Turning Down is a sin punishable by 100 strokes of koboko...

Thank you for the past 7 minutes of your time great young minds, you do us a great honor with it. My prayer for you today February the 14th and always is that you shall be loved stupidly by the one you sheepishly love, and that you shall be all smiles all the way, today and always. You guys are our why...

P.S: Shoutout to Ms Janyl Benyl and all members of The YnC gang who made it up here, you guys are MVP's biko... And JdB goes..... Oooossshhhey!

P.P.S: The beautiful and AMAZING Sophie put up an Exchange post on The Young and Confused Blog ( which i am a confused part of) and its up right now. Kindly do well to show us both some love.. **wears Puppy smile.

P.P.P.S: This must be the shortest post i have done all my life, Chisos...i nefer Hexsperred it fa... I am shocked that I could write this length. Oh well, that is what ghen ghen Sophie does to a guy, makes him do great things he never thought possible. Thank you for having me Bubba, you do me a great honor. You Rock...



#Udo #ItcanonlybeGOD.

15 comments :

  1. Mixture of Humour and thought provoking truth. Love is never meant to be one sided speaking from the human context. As a matter of fact to love is a gift and feeling loved in return is ecstatic. Only God could absolutely love unconditionally. On another note though, I see the attention for Sophie A. here; could this love inspiration have been for her? Just thinking out aloud or loudly. If no one sees it, I see the colours of the rainbow here. Weldone as usual great Adolphus of youngandconfused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmmmnn really strong words Mr Mamman @ "to love is a gift and feeling loved in return is ecstatic" I am sure gonna take that with me... Truly only GOD can absolutely love unconditionally. heheheheheheheheh with all dues respect ehn bros, I dunno what you are seeing oh Mr. Mammann **Winks... Cause since rain is not falling in Festac Lagos Nigeria, there is no Rainbow to see the colours of hehehehhe.. Cheers brother, and thanks for coming up here top support the young and confused movement,... You thrilled us with your comment and to that the crowd goes.. Ooosssshhheeeey! **Shines teeth.

      Delete
  2. Duru eeeeee, your posts are so hilarious... . Am stealing this post mehn, sophie pls permit me.

    I prefer loving all the way, maybe with time I would figure out a way to end the love, if its an unrequited Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confused as to which I prefer. .. nice post DURU le washer. Very nice blog Sophie and thanks so much for the other day

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote sums it all up. Everyone deserves to love and be loved. Unfortunately, most people are consumed with only one aspect. Having someone you truly care for, who cares just as much for you is everything. It's good to make the first move; to give love freely, but for your sanity I hope that it only serves as a trigger to the other party to recognise that you deserve more of everything you're willing to give.

    Nice posts guys
    I enjoyed reading both of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn Up Turn Up ladies and gentlemen.. Ms Janyl Benyl in the building Y'alll... I ssoooooo love you blog Mother aswear.. And i love the fact that you always have our backs like all time every time...like a mother hen.. Truly mama, I know its sorta insane to Love and careless if I am loved back, but sincerely i guess i do so just cause i DONT want to care if I am loved back equally, not cause i dont care. so its my way of acting Gangster and hard hearted... **Shines teeth.. Of a truth Janyl, I do hope that I find someone who completes me, and who will be the true Ying in my Yang, but till then Mother, I guess i will just keep triggering as many triggers as i can till i finally get triggered.. **Wears Mr. Nigeris smile..

      Thank you so much for Turning Up for us mother, the love and support you show us cannot be explained in words.... and i am thankful to have been formed from you.. You are AMAZING Mama, you are heaven sent.. Turn up Turn up ladies and Gentlemen, my Mama is badder than yours.. **Singing.. Don't you wish your blog mother was frosh like mine.. Dontcha?! **Shines teeth.

      Delete
  5. Awwwww! So cool that you two basically have the same post but different content! As a regular trailer on ur blog I've aired my opinion...the best is to hope that you are well and truly loved by the one you absolutely love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooossssshhheeeee Ausserehl in the building gang... True that Bubba, i guess happiness is the main aim of it being love at the very end, as if we arent aboslutely happy, then maybe we arent absolutely loved... Thanks for coming by.. I saw your comment oh! It was Ammmmaaaazziiinngg Chisos! iTrip.. Shines teeth... Cheers Bubba. **Hugs

      Thank you so much Ausserehl for your massive support all time every time as you gimme a reason to constantly smile... words fail me to show how grateful i am, and i love you more daily Bubba... and to that the crowd goes... Yeeeeaaaahhhh mehn! **Shines teeth

      Delete
  6. Maybe I'm just a selfish biatch... but I guess that after you've put yourself out there one too many times and watch love flow from the deepest parts of your heart without being reciprocated you just learn to love only when you're loved
    Nice write Duru u couldn't be tush for a minute Bubba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhmmmmnnn really strong words oh! You know ehn as humans, I am learning that we by default go into the shells of our hearts after we have been hurt too many times.. I am a case study, i have been hurt like my middle name was Hurt but i never let it deter me cause i know that somewhere out there is someone who completes me, so i believe its better to keep being willing to love regardless of the pain, cause we in all sincerity yeah we never know, as maybe at that very instant when we decide to hold back, that could be when we are holding back from the true and only one destined for us.. So love like its going out of fashion, and Dance like no one is watching.. **wears Mr Nigeria smile and then **Shines teeth.

      Wait me?! Tush ke?! Did i tell you my name is Tissue paper?! I tried to be tush small in the begining nah, you didnt notice that i wore a black Tuxedo to write this post?! Well as the thing did not work nah, i went back to my agbero life style mbok.. I thank GOD that Sophie and her wonderful readers accepted my confused 23 year 3 months 4 days head like that.. **Shines teeth. Cheers Esther Koko, and thanks for coming out to help and support the Young and Confused movement.. You are our why Bubba.. And to that we say Oooosssshhhheeeey! **E hugs

      Delete
  7. They are equally important jare.
    I find it tedious when someone loves me and I don't.
    Same way loving and not getting love in return can only be termed suffer-suffer. Tiring and sad at the same time.
    So yeah! Gonna go with both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuuunnnnmmmmmiii!!!! It always excites me to read from you oh ore mi! I like you like Kilode... **Shines teeth heheheheheheheh @ Suffer suffer.. Bubba i dunno how your mind works oh! But you must have one exciting Amusement park inside ya head.. hehehehe Truly Bubba, i think in all sincerity yeah, there needs to be a sorta balance.. Thanks for turning up today and always Bubba, it is Uber exciting to read from you all time everytime, and to that the crowd goes Yyyeeeaaahhh Mehn! **File ah! dont touch it.. **Shines teeth.

      Delete
  8. This idea is so cool! Yet I love duru in such a stupidly adoring way, he has a way of making the smallest of lesson get across to you whilst having so much fun. I prefer to Love, whether am loved in return is no business of mine, God is love and I was made in his image and likeness so I am love personified. Well done duru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeewwwwwwwwwooooo i feel my head swelling already... choi see wash of life... **SHINES TEETH... Susanna...Susanna... Susanna..... How manytimes calleth thee I? i see you want my head to burst ba? Diarisgodoooo.... Thanks for your extremely kind words baby mi, you always give me a reason to believe, and i love you to the ends of venus and back for that sole reason... however I would like to dedicate this awesome comment to Sophie for this ghen ghen initiative and the wonderful topic. None of this would have been possible without the androit, excellent and extremely beautiful child called Sophie... Thank you Baby mi... x*

      Truly, GOD is love, so i think thst no matter how much pain our hearts have gone through in the past yeah, there is always a reason to get up, dust up and love more... thank yyyyyyooouuuu so much for this ghen ghen comment baby mi, its engraved on my heart for life.... Although na wash shaaa, but in Ribenas voice, " Your wash makes me blush" ;) #ItcanonlybeGOD

      Delete
  9. True that Anu, at the end of everything yeha, life is teaching this utterly 23 years 3 months and 7 day old boy that it is only sincere and undiluted love nwantintin that truly stands the test of time... Thanks for indulging Anu, you do us a great honor with yourtime, and the drowd goes.... oooooosssssshhhhheeeeey! E-hugs bubba. :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs