THE BEAUTY IN THE STRUGGLE!!!!

Friday 6 February 2015

It took some time but I had to learn that the true beauty of success isn't measured by what we have accomplished, but by the oppositions we have encountered and the courage with which we have maintained and overcome the struggles against all overwhelming odds.


You see, I used to be a lover of wrist watches when I was much younger, that no matter how many I had, it just never seemed to be enough. Someday however, mum and I were passing by a store and I spotted a beautiful white wrist watch that looked like an aquarium. It had something like a little liquid with some tiny looking fishes within its semblance. I begged my mum to purchase it and she said "you have enough!". But I LOVED this particular one and was ready to give up all others just to have it. Having seen the deep desire, mum said to me " well, If you really need it, you"ll get it". I dint quite understand that statement as it was obvious that I really needed it yet, we were walking past the store right as I was asking. I hoped and patiently waited for it to come, thinking she was going to bring it home someday. But after waiting in vain for weeks, I decided to let it.

One day, I noticed there had been an orange gas cylinder on the corridor leading to the children's room for days and everyone kept passing by and around it like it was a major rock to lift off the way including me. But somehow, I was in the mood to test my man power (even though I was just about 8) and so, I decided to see if I could lift it as it was quite an obstruction. Just when I had struggled and managed to lift up the cylinder, there it was, My aquarium wrist watch.

Most times, we ask God for a lot of things. We ask him for wisdom, love, courage, strength and favors yet, we avoid the obstacles, the difficulties and the struggles required to receive that which we have requested, forgetting that the very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid, are the major building blocks and stepping stones to success.

Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. For If God gave us all we wanted so easily, or allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, we would never discover the strength we have within us and We would not be as strong as what we could have been.

Remember that when we ask for Strength, God gives us difficulties to make us strong.

When we ask for Wisdom, he gives us Problems to solve.

When we ask for Courage, he gives us dangers to overcome.

When we ask for Favors, he gives us Opportunities.

We basically receive nothing we want, but everything we need.

So, embrace the beauty in the struggle for in it, you get the success you need.

3 comments :

  1. Feeling inspired.
    Thank sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Mehn! I am mega inspired..m You know ehn Bubba, this is the kinda post that after reading it, we stand up and start clapping at the screen... I mean we give the writer a standing ovation. This was frosh on all levels aswear... You know its funny yeah! How life is.. before i go on, lemme just say that you have the coolest mother there is.. I mean the coolest ever!!! Wow! Come on! She put the Watch there all the while and never told you.. i likey! I think i will try that when i become a father.. **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile... and then the crowd goes.. Ooooossssshhey!

    Bubba, one thing i am learning about life is that the bigger our struggles the bigger our destinies.. I mean its amazing how we often complain about life, and what she throws on us, about how hard or (pardon my term) Fucked up our life is, unknown to us that the creator of the heavens has a perfect plan for us.. Unknown to us that he is training our muscles for a future time, preparing us for greater things to come.. Bubba in my 23 years 2 months and 30 days of existence, i am learning to accept what GOD brings my way with hope in my heart, cause at the long run yeah, GOD will never give us more than we need.

    Kai Bubba, You know why i love reading your Blog Sophie? its always filled with inspiration.. This lines had me going Hmmmnn.. "when we ask for Strength, God gives us difficulties to make us strong" and "We basically receive nothing we want, but everything we need." and to them i say true that Bubba, true that.. Turn up Turn up Ladies and Gentlemen.. with Sophie toh sure.. Its inspiration all the way.. iTrip.. #iWannabelikeyouwhenIgrowup #iAmImpressed #Inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Duru! True say..struggles are God's ways of training his children..and the greater the struggle, the greater the Destiny..thanks for always being a source of inspiration to me and to every one else dear. Indeed You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs