VANILLA LOUNGE: WEDDINGS GALORE!!!!

Sunday 22 February 2015

Hey guys,

How have you been? I feel like I've been away for so long that I couldn't even remember my password for a bit  *covers face*. I had to try about three different ones before it finally clicked. *whew!* I guess sometimes, life can be so busy you barely have time to keep up with blogging and other social media. Anyways, I'm here now. So tell me, how was your weekend? I hope you all did something fun? I turned up most times in my bed, did a bit of work and hung out with friends.

On Saturday after work, my colleague who happens to be a "soon to be" bride, decided we both attend the weddings galore Nigerian wedding exhibition organized by a friend, Mitu, at the Vanila lounge Abuja


We got there for 4pm and we were given different numbers for the raffle draws. I was 59 and my colleague was 60. We were also given some gift bags and information packs.

I love the theme 'love is sweet'
There were loads of wedding accessories, luxury gift items, bridal wears, rings and jewelry, aso-ebi, makeup artists, photo booths, photography, cakes and desserts, event planners, decorators, health and fitness, home furnishings, florists and much more. There were also live entertainments, a mini fashion show, photo shoots and great prizes to be won.










This was dope though. I can just picture him in this :D.


I got to meet various local and international wedding vendors, music artists, interior decorators, florists, models and event planners.

I met Chinedu whom I knew from camp. He was one of my platoon leaders and he really wanted me to run for miss nysc but I ended up being the make up artist instead lol.
Fortune (colleague) and I
I met Hannah. she's such a good dancer and she said I looked so cute! *blushing*
The beautiful couple models.
He was just sooooo good with the sax. I couldn't help but compliment him

such a model and a half
I met Joanne Okpa. she's such a talented young lady. Her cakes were amazing. I just couldn't get enough.
Frank and I
There were also free dinners and vacation raffle giveaways. My friend and I won a free interior decoration consultation for our matrimonial homes lol ( I've got a long way to go though).


We got to purchase some of the Ankara bags and we were introduced to the ultimate body applicator which is actually a body contouring cream-induced cloth that can be wrapped around the part of the body with much fat like the tummy, underarm, thighs and much more. Apparently, it works effectively but I'm so skinny at the moment and so I didn't see the need to get one for myself but if you are looking to contour any part of your body, then I think you might want to get one for yourself or for friends. Its 20k per pack but its worth the price I guess.

Ultimate body applicator.
I loved the color combo here
And this was just too cute to be by passed.
There was a free makeover session which I really wanted to partake in, but there wasn't enough time for two trials and so my friend had to take the last slot.

Bridal makeover.
Makeup artist.
I really did enjoy the galore/exhibition (even though I know I'm not getting married anytime soon), and I met some of my friends from camp, met some really good caterers, bead makers, artists, models, interior designers/decorators and musicians, ate some good food and got some gift items. I also got quite a lot of contacts for future purposes, so I don't have to stress much when the wedding bells start ringing lol. I cant wait for the next one to be organized. Hopefully, it would be when the ring is already fitted beautifully on this finger *wink*

On a more serious note though, planning a wedding isn't easy at all. I mean, after seeing the things I saw, chatting with the brides and grooms to be, father and mother in-laws to be, I could not but utter a loud wow!. It aint easy coming up with a plan as there's just so much it entails, starting from a budget to a guest list, to the decorations, the venue, food & drinks, bridal wears, the train and much more.

Have you ever organised or planned a wedding? Was it stressful planning it and making sure everything went well? please gist me, I'll d really love to know. :D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs