IN MY DAD'S T-shirt: GUEST POST by KACHI OPARA!!!

Sunday 8 March 2015

Hey guys,

Happy Sunday.

Today, we celebrate the birth of an absolutely lovely lady, Kachi Opara, a friend and daughter of the late Dr sam Opara who died on the 22nd of February 2015, after being abducted by unknown gunmen at Port Harcourt a few weeks ago. (May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace).

"I was packing up his clothes in his room today and I was just thinking about his passing but I just couldn't make sense of it said Kachi, during our long conversation.

This must be a typical feeling we all experience after the loss of something great and precious to us; it could be a job, a pregnancy, a relationship or even a loved one. We find our hearts, battling endlessly with our brains, trying to find answers to the very common question WHY? Why do we have to go through pain? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why does God allow evil to happen? Why do good people have to die? Why does God allow temptation? Why? Why? Why? It just never makes sense to us. But I guess 1 Corinthians 10:13 says it all. "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." In essence, He can never give you more than you can bare.

Today, kachi inspires us with a little post on her birthday, in memory of late Dr Sam Opara, who wasn't only a loving husband and father, but a mentor to her. I hope this encourages and inspires anyone going through a loss in his or her life. Always remember that you are never alone. Enjoy!


In the light of recent events, I'm probably expected to celebrate this birthday with a half smile. Well, my smile may not be at its brightest, but it's definitely better than a half smile. My daddy was taken away way too soon but I'm comforted because he is probably still on a grand tour of heaven (seeing how he only just got there). At the same time, I'm grateful to God for a life well spent. Not every man gets to make the headlines upon leaving the surface of the earth, he was a loving husband, a great, funny, doting and multi-talented father and while I would have loved to receive a phone call, a text message or conversed with him in any way today, I count it all joy and a privilege to rather be thankful to God that in the last few months of his life, he was closer to God than ever before. So happy 25th to me. I know my daddy loved me and I will forever miss him. I thought to wear his favorite color today but I just realized he wore any and all colors and looked dapper every single time.



To those who might be going through some sort of loss or bereavement, I know mourning is never easy, heck! Sometimes I feel I'm in a dream and that my dad is away on a long business trip but I think it gets easier by the day. We're bound to miss their physical presence on earth but I'm able to find greater comfort in the fact that I know he is in a much better place, free from the concerns and challenges of the world. Someone recently told me that soon after the loss of a loved one, you start to experience the extraordinary by the way of more opportunities, doors of favor, blessings and unexplainable occurrences, which point to the supernatural. And when you do encounter such, it's an assurance that you're being looked after by that special someone (God). So wipe your tears and have hope for a greater future. The loss of your loved one is not a handicap, neither is it a stigma. Life only gave you lemons, so make yourself a nice tall glass of lemonade and add some ice to that.

9 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful post Sophie, thank you for having Kachi share her story... how tragic yet how beautifully she is handling it all... her father sounds like a wonderful man, that is a blessing of it's own... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you launna dear...indeed very tragic yet so wonderfully and strongly handled. I do admire her strenght and I pray for greater strenght, grace and favour upon her and the family. Life must go on for all of us. And when it throws us a lemon, as Kachi would say, make your self a glass of lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! ♥
    dianadblogging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Duru.. I guess no one has the answer to "why?" But we can all take comfort in the fact we are never alone during our trials..he's always with us and will always see us through. Its all fr a purpose nd I miss you too Duru..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed touching
    I love her positive disposition
    I pray God continues to grant her the fortitude to bear the loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..she's strong,happy bday to her and may God continue to give her strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments and words of encouragement but ultimately, I thank God for the strength to move on and for friends like Sophie who are always there to talk me through the rough times...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.

    I think that you look like Serena Williams ! And it's a compliment ! You're beautiful :)

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back :)


    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs