BEHIND THE WHEELS!!!

Friday 6 March 2015

Hey guys,

I know its pretty late but happy new month. Sorry for the little silence. This week was one hell of a busy one for me. I got home pretty late every other day and sleep was next on my agenda. I hope its been a great month so far? Well, it just has to be, its march and we are definitely matching forward to greater things this year.

Being that I'm all about inspirations, I tend to read a lot of meanings into everything (even the minutest ones), Or do I say, I get inspired by almost every thing that happens to me.

Just like my mum when being driven, my little driving experience has made me feel like a pro or rather, do I say "james bond" when it comes to driving. I claim to know all the routes and rules of the road, the fast lanes and slow lanes, short cuts and long cuts...yet, I seem to not know the one thing that's very important in driving, which is: "being clear of any influence whatsoever, while driving."


A lot of my friends who drive, suffer this arrogance/verbal influence of mine when it comes to the knowledge of the road. But the person who suffers the most, is my younger brother when he's around. All he hears while driving is "Dee keep to this lane, Stay in the middle, No! that space wont fit you, return to your right, now take the left, take the other route, wait for the green light, watch out for that lorry, use the short cut, don't go beyond 60, slow down a bit, watch out for the speed bumps...to mention but a few. Whew! I still haven't learnt.

One day, he was going for his project and I was running late for work. I asked to join him and as usual, I was ready with my james bond moves. We had recently moved to a new place by the way, and we were still in the process of learning the roads. I had started by saying " take the short cut" as I was running really late and he said it was a rough route and it would probably take us more time to get to work using it. I insisted otherwise, and then he reluctantly agreed. As we drove on along the "shorter route", I continued with my verbal influences and at a point, he pulled over, got down and handed me the keys to drive (since I knew so much about the road). I gladly took it even though I wasn't so sure about the road as I thought I was.

All I really needed then, was to get to work in time. As we drove off, I kept looking out for the turn that would burst out into the express (I knew I had seen one sometime before). I asked a couple of people and they directed me to the road which I thought led to the express, but apparently, that particular express I thought led to my place of work, eventually led us to a completely different place called Gabusa. Just as I was about to turn back in my disappointed state, I dint know there was a small ditch behind and I reversed harshly into it. The car got damaged a bit and I was already about 10 minutes late. I dint know whether to cry or just go back home as I had already gotten frustrated. My brother was quiet the whole time, until he eventually took pitty on me. He decided to get back behind the wheels and In 10 minutes surprisingly, he was able to get me to work. He knew the road even before I insisted on taking it. He also knew the way out from where we got stocked without having to go all the way back. I still ended up getting to work later than I would have if I used the normal route. More worse, I also damaged the car in the process.

Most times in our walk/ride with God, we want to take the faster route, we want every thing done NOW! and FAST!, we want to see the end from where we are. We could go as far as taking decisions into our own hands to fulfill what He has already promised us.
You may be at a point in your life where the promised future seems so slow and you say "If only you can show me a glimpse of the end, I will be satisfied".

But I have learnt that, without faith, it is impossible to please God. It is time to stop asking or demanding signs. It is time to let Him take the wheel. It is time to let go completely, stop telling Him how, and let Him. He knows the plans He has for you, plans to prosper you and bring you to an expected end. This he has promised and this he would do. So fasten your seat belt, relax, and enjoy the ride with God as your driver on this journey called life. He sees the end from the beginning. So, trust Him completely.

Enjoy your weekend. :D

3 comments :

  1. Sophie, this is a wonderful reminder if how we need to have faith in our Heavenly Father and realize that we don't have all the answers ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting God is the ultimate best thing to do,its hard to let go eventually but when we do things just happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Talikhi..its the best thing to do even though its easier said than done. But we've got to keep trying..tenx hun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs