ITS YOUR GIRL AGAIN CHI-GUL!!!

Thursday 21 May 2015

Hey guys,

What's popping? How has the week been so far? Friday is around the corner *woop *woop. I have a couple of collaborations to do with some bloggers this weekend and I am pretty excited about them. I hope you've all started making your own weekend plans o. If you haven't, then you better start now before it's too late.

Okay so, Its that time of the month again!!! The 15 for 15 challenge. I must say, I'm really enjoying this challenge as I get to meet really nice and interesting personalities, some of which I have interviewed and some of which, I am yet to interview. You can check out my interviews so far, with Janyl, Toin, Ajebutter 22 and Benny ark, here , here , here and here. For this special month of may, we have the very beautiful and multi-talented lady, Chioma omeruah, otherwise known as chigul/c-flow in the house today.


If you know chigul, you would know that it is possible to be all shades of 'beings' in one. She is not just a Comedian, but a singer, an MC and an actress, filled with so much passion and enthusiasm. She was born in Lagos, lived in the US for the most part, where she worked as a french teacher before returning to Nigeria to live her dreams. She speaks about five different languages including french and spanish and loves to make people laugh. This uncanny character started making the headlines in the comedy world in 2010 and has since then, emerged not only as one of the best female comedians, but has tremendously reformed in her music, acts and stage performances.

Today, Chioma shares a little of her private life, career tales and some tips on living a happy life in this exclusive Interview with my humble self.


1) Hi Chioma, can you please tell us a little about your self?

I AM THE 2nd OF 4 CHILDREN, WAS BORN IN LAGOS, ATTENDED THE AIRFORCE GIRLS MILITARY SCHOOL IN JOS, THEN AIR-FORCE SECONDARY SCHOOL IN LAGOS BEFORE I LEFT FOR THE US IN 1994. STUDIED FRENCH EDUCATION, TAUGHT FRENCH IN HIGH SCHOOL IN THE US FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS, CAME BACK TO NIGERIA IN 2006...AND THEN, CHIGUL HAPPENED. LOL!

2) Why Chigul?

HMMMM! I'M NOT SURE LOL. WELL, CHIGUL WAS A NAME GIVEN TO ME BY A ONE TIME PROSPECTIVE TOASTER. I GUESS HE WAS TRYING TO BE SWEET BY CALLING ME 'CHI-GIRL BUT IT CAME OUT AS 'CHI-GUL' ND HERE WE ARE TODAY.

3) LOL! That was quite funny. I can only Imagine the expression you had on your face. For the sake of our readers though, What was the inspiration behind comedy?

ANY AND EVERYTHING INSPIRES CHIGUL. FROM  PEOPLE AND OBJECTS, TO THE WEATHER, AND EVEN STATES OF BEING...i.e. HAPPY, SAD, POOR, CRAZY... U NAME IT, CHIGUL CAN PROBABLY SING ABOUT IT.

4) Asides comedy and entertainment, what do you do on the side and how do you balance them both? 

WELL, I WORK A 9-5 JOB...AND BALANCING HAS BEEN CRAZY. I FEEL LIKE A STRUGGLING  OCTOPUS SOMETIMES. BUT YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.

5) What do you like most about your comedy career?

THAT FOR ME IT JUST SEEMS TO COME NATURALLY...I COULD DO IT ALL DAY, EVERYDAY FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE.

6) What do you like least? 

PEOPLE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOUR GIFT AND NOT BEING TREATED ACCORDINGLY.

7) What was growing up like? 

HMMMM!.. WELL DAD WAS STRICT, BUT IT WAS FUN, TRAVELLED ALOT, GOT TO EXPERIENCE NEW THINGS. APPARENTLY I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FUNNY....AND I HAVE ALSO ALWAYS  BEEN GOOD AT MIMICKING  PEOPLE

8) In your opinion, are comedians born or are they made? I.e would you say being funny is a natural ability or can a person learn to be funny? 

I WOULD SAY "BORN" BECAUSE IT HAS TO FLOW NATURALLY AND THAT CAN PROBABLY ONLY HAPPEN WHEN SOMETHING IS INNATE. I DONT KNOW IF BEING FUNNY CAN BE LEARNED PER SAY, BUT I GUESS ONE CAN LEARN TO IMPROVE ON AND DEVELOP WHAT ONE ALREADY HAS..

9) It is known that you speak about 5 different languages including french german and spanish. How did the love for linguistics come about? 

EMMMM,NO GERMAN OH... NOT YET LOL!  I SPEAK HAUSA, IGBO, FRENCH, SPANISH. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED LANGUAGES AND THE ABILITY TO PICK UP LANGUAGES EASILY IS ANOTHER GIFT I BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN. AT A POINT, I HAD STARTED LEARNING ARABIC AND SWAHILI. 

10) WOW! very interesting. please tell us a bit about your fashion sense and style. How do you like to dress and are you much of a trendy person? 

I CALL MINE... "COMFORT CHIC"... I LIKE TO BE CUTE BUT COMFORTABLE... RECENTLY DEVELOPED A LOVE  FOR SNEAKERS, ESPECIALLY CONVERSE ALL STARS.. I AM BUILDING A COLLECTION..AND YES INDEED!!...

11) As a comedian, do you usually have problems with people taking you seriously? 

SOMETIMES!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO MY OTHER TALENTS LIKE SINGING, PEOPLE ARE QUITE SHOCKED BECAUSE I GUESS THEY CANT SEEM TO RECONCILE THE CHIGUL VOICE WITH CHIOMA THE JAZZ SINGER.... AND (DONT MEAN TO TOOT MY OWN HORN, BUT CHIOMA IS A PRETTY GOOD JAZZ SINGER).....toot toot!!!

12) Lol you seem to have loads of talents - singing, acting, comedy..how do you handle all these?

NNE! DARRIS WHAT IS CALLED 'DIVERSIFICATION OF YA "MAKATE"  AND CHIGUL IS ALL ABOUT THE "MAKATE"  

13) LMAO! I totally 'GATE'ITI...But how do you react if someone tells a bad joke? Do you laugh to be polite?

YEAH!! BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES THE SOUND OF "CRICKETS" LOL

14) Who's your favorite comedian?

AHHHHH. DEM PLENTY OHHHH. BUT IF I HAD TO PICK ONE, I WOULD SAY THE LATE GREAT BERNIE MAC

15) They say Laughter is the best medicine. What do you say?

I CONCUR!.. IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE  BEST MEDICINE AND THE ONLY DRUG I PEDDLE...

16) If you could go back in time to change something about yourself, what would you change.

NOTHING! BECAUSE IT MIGHT AFFECT MY LIFE NOW AND I DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

17) Are you presently seeing anyone?

NOPE!!!!!

18) what's your idea of an ideal proposal?.

HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT TRULY LOVE ME PRESENT, GET ON THAT ONE GOOD KNEE AND POP THAT QUESTION BABY!!!!

19) Aww lol..How cute!. Are you all about Big weddings or small ones?.

SMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

20) What 5 tips would you say are essential for living a happy life. 

GOD, LOVE, LAUGHTER, TRUTH AND FORGIVENESS

Thank you very much Chioma, it was nice having you on board. This was definitely one of the best interviews for me. I did enjoy every bit of it and you certainly did that which you know how to do best: Crack my ribs!

On behalf of our readers and sophsinspirations.blogspot.com, we wish you the very best.

until next time guys,
Enjoy the rest of the week.

1 comment :

  1. Meeehhhnnnn! This was AMAZING... **All in caps.. I still don geRRit oh! **Jaws drop... How you are able to pull all these ghen ghen celebrity someboRRies to be interviewed on ya blog.. Soon my mentors D-Banj, Wizkid and Adebola Williams will be on here.. Sophie.. Inshort I haf vex... I need to meet ya Juju man oh.. hehehehe he is the Boss likle that... **Winks.. Just kidding..

    Mehn i loooovveeeeddd reading this and smiled like a fish all through.. I mean her happiness was radiating from her words like the sun, and it felt like i heard her speak... I so love that #8 kweshion and her ghen ghen reply was so apt and **Deep sigh.. it is well with our soul.. :)..

    heheheheheheeh @ Diversification of "MAKATE and i'GATE it.." You both make a good pair.. like Bat man and Robin.. Cheers Bubba, this was a ghen ghen read.. and I like how you constantly have us longing and longer throating for the next submission of the challenge.. Nice one Bubba... and the crowd goess.. Yyyyeeeeaaaaahhh mehn!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs