MY BLOGGING BLUNDERS!!!!

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Hey guys,

How has your week been so far? I hope we're all meeting our targets and deadlines? I'm pretty far from meeting my target sales for this week but I'm very hopeful because the week started off well. At least, 'I don get alert #Godwin' lol. I hope it ends better than it started though..do I hear an Amen?

Okay so I got a long email from a fellow blog reader, expressing his fascination and admiration for my blog, suggesting that I take it to the next level which I believe would be setting up a personal domain?

Truth is, I am far from the "perfect blogger", that's if there's such a thing as one. But i'm sure you get my drift. If you don't, you will in a minute.

In other to get to the next level or any level in life, there has to be some sort of analysis, most importantly, a 'self analysis' which enables one discover and study his/her mistakes, or the mistakes of those who have gone through similar situations.


I could give you a list of things you should or shouldn't do as a blogger, but seeing as I don't have it all together, I've decided to come from the other end of the spectrum. I will share with you the blunders I have made/i'm making as a blogger so you can learn from them, these are blunders that may or may not have affected the growth of my blog.    


NOT ENOUGH PUBLICITY

Asides Facebook, which is pretty much an automated promotion/publicity, and a little Instagram publicity, I do not publicize enough. I have no twitter handle, can't be bothered with SEO (working on this soon though), hardly bother with any manual promotions, barely send out links or link the blog to other social media, all because it just seems long and feels like I might be bothering people. But I guess publicity is key. You've got to bother people to get them bothered about what you all about.


VERY FEW BLOG ROUNDS

I don't know how Duru and Blogoratti do it. They are probably the kings in this aspect. Lately, I've discovered loads and loads of amazing blogs and I keep discovering more. But the problem is keeping up. I know how many blogs I have discovered from comments left on my blog. I should be doing the same, and so should you. With blogging, being a friendly blog neighbor is very important and shouldn't be overlooked.

NOT SO CONSISTENT

'A good habit is a bad habit if not consistent'. Ever heard of that? Well, I just made that up.
Asides from the busy bee I've become, laziness is one of the things I'm seriously praying against these days. It seems to have really taken a hold of me. I get lazy to think up words to write or flex my fingers but I'm presently working on this by having a topic schedule, mapping out possible blog topics ahead of time and also typing my posts ahead of time if possible.

POOR BLOGGER TO BLOGGER INTERACTION

Oh dear!, this is one of my major blunders. I hardly interact with bloggers via comments on their blogs, on my blog a few times, or emails and that's just #bad behavior. You should interact with your blog readers often, make them feel welcomed and show them you appreciate them.

And those are all my blogging blunders. *whew!*

Have you got any blunders?

4 comments :

  1. Sophie we all have blog blunders...mine is SEO ... I don't have a clue... I wish I could understand better :-)... by the way, you commented on my blog.. that's how I found you... and I still come to visit ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hian!!! Did i Read Duru! No oh! Blogoratti is king oh! **raises hands up... He is on all the major Blogs and what i love the most about this great Blogger is that despite how long (my :) ) the post(s) (is) are, he reads it all to teh end, and drops a deep meaningful comment afterwards.. Now I bubba think that's passion at play.. Oshheeey Turn uP! Oga Boss Blogoratti sir, can i be like you when I grow up ni?! :) Me.. Well Duru is just a smoke without direction.. as www.janybenylshares.com lit the match that set my confusions on fire... So as a friend and Hopeful future husband of this blog **Winks.. lemme give you my secret trick.. We at YnC write out the name of every single someboRRy that comments on the blog.. and we follow up on them weekly.. Whether they follow back or not oh! The golden rule of the Confused blog "Once in, never out.." I mean it has its perks sometimes.. but these guys have really awesome content, so you never really notice they arent following back.

    But Bubba, I for one do not think even Bella Naija is a perfect Blog. I mean we all have our slip ups.. but i kindly advice that you dont aim to be a perfect blogger, but rather you aim to achieve the WHY! you started blogging in as short a time as you have.. Cause perfection is a myth, but achieving a goal is a full. possible. reality... And the crowd goess Ooossshheeey Turn uP!..

    You are doing great Sophie, and left to me yeah, you are one of the smartest and most inspiring bloggers on the block... keep doing you baby mi... Cheers.. :)

    P.S: Thank you for the gfhen ghen mention Bubba.. it has me smiling like a fish and flying in the clouds.. cause aswear ehn... a neFer hexspeRRed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And oh almost missed Duru the Great's comment -who actually gave me the heads up to visit here. Thank you, thank you sir, far too kind. But I am no king, barely even there yet..but I try. Appreciate the love bro, cheers!

      Delete
  3. We are all guilty of some of your mentioned blunder. You are doing great and can be better. That's the vehicle that keeps us all going.

    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs