A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE; NEVER FORGET YOUR WORTH!!!

Wednesday 15 April 2015


Ever noticed anything about a glass of champagne? Well I have! As a matter of fact, quite a number of things. The idea of a glass of Champagne conjures up feelings of good living, elegance, sociability, and somehow, that only the best in life is good enough.


I remember the first time I had to serve tea to a couple of clients. I had offered a variety of tea flavors including 'nettle' which was considered the 'worst tea flavor ever'. I hadn't tasted it, so I had no idea what it was like. Four of the clients condemned it, saying it was everything but a pleasant tea. At least, from their experiences with it. Some said it was too artificial, some said it was yet another weed that should have been pulled and thrown out like every other dandelion or better still, be dowsed with a weed killer, some said it had an unpleasant smell....the list could go on forever. But the surprising thing was that, the tea that was being condemned by all four clients was requested for twice by the fifth client. He had slowly and quietly sipped his tea like a glass of champagne, while others had been analyzing and criticizing the other tea flavors they decided to try. When asked what he liked about the 'so called nettle' he said 'a healthy life'. He listed out a few benefits of nettle, including a reduction of hypertension, asthma, diabetes, the risk of prostate cancer, skin problems, elimination of cramps and many more which they probably never even knew about.

Now with respect to life, it only meant one thing: 'Value'. Everyone is special and valuable in their own different ways regardless of how they taste or smell, walk or talk, look or dress, Live or love. And if one person doesn't see the 'one' good in you, values or respects you, treats you like a piece of shit or takes you for granted, there are a billion and one people who would adore you, treasure you immensely and gladly sip you like a cool glass of champagne.

You might feel unwanted and unworthy to one person, but you are priceless to another. So when you are being treated badly, dig on your heels, stand up tall and take that walk because no matter how good you are to people, there will always be one negative person who criticizes you or finds all faults in you. But always remember you are a child of the king and you are priceless to him so never ever forget your worth.

Have a blessed and beautiful day. :)  


5 comments :

  1. Oooosssshhheeey Turn uP!!! **Folds right sleeve.. Sorry Bubba.. I just got in! Hiya Sophie toh sure.. **ln www.suykik.blogspot.com 's voice.. oh my days.. Inshort oh my Weeks..Months.. Years and Decades... It feels so good to be here again! **Takes a deep breath and appreciates the ambiance then shines teeth :).. I mean I was traveling most of March trying to build bridges to my future that I had little time to be at all my ghen ghen blogs.. I am soooorrrryyyy.. But hey! April will be berra aight!!!

    So permit me to state that there is something endearing about your writing, its the fact that you write my thoughts.. Baby mi! With all due respect that is some scary ish oh!! Aha ! Kilode?! Aswear I was thinking of this subject maRRa merely minutes ago on my way to my place of survival.. Oya Leggo.. You see ehn Bubba,. human beings can never be the same.. In Quality and in Quantity.. I mean You have more than I have in so many things.. I mean Money, Wisdom and Looks, But there is definitely something that I am beRRa than you at or i have more than you in.. And that my Darling is what makes us unique.. Our ability to be great individually and in diversity. Sadly people will misunderstand this uniqueness as being slow or not good enough, but life is teaching this 23 years 4 months 4 days young and confused man abi na boy?! ( Mehnnn Bubba, i dunno agaain oh! When i look in the mirror I cannot recognize me ma sef again! there is too much facial hair **Crying in spanish... so mbok choose any one) :) Life is teaching me sha that I am to appreciate everyone for who they are and to never compare.. cause in all sincerity yeah! Life is too short to not see the best in others.. and the crowd goes Yyyeeeaaahhh mehn! oya let the people of god say Oooosssshhheeey turn UP!!! **Shines teeth...

    I miss you Sophie Nora Audu.. :( MEhn Fuck this distance.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so very true, we never know the true worth of something unless we learn more about it, analyse it from a different perspective and all that. Everything has value, it's just how we look at them. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True say Launna.. You really can't please everybody..you've just got to be who you are and let people love you that way..and if dey don't, you just have to take a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Talikhi..we are indeed priceless :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gbam!!! What more can I say? Absolutely true..

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs