THE MIND THE HANDS AND THE TONGUE!!!

Monday 13 April 2015

Hey guys,

Did you all miss me? I actually can't believe I've been away for 7 days. It feels like a decade and I have missed it on here. I'm super glad to be back. Last week was one of my busiest weeks but I'm glad its over now and it paid off real good *wink wink* that should be a story for another day I guess. I hope your week has been great so far? Mine has been quite a slow one.

So I was listening to a sermon on sunday and one thing that stuck deep with me was this; "No matter how hard you have worked, your mouth is what brings results".


I thought about this for a while and while I would have loved to believe that the most powerful thing created by God in the human body was the mind, I figured it was the tongue. It is no wonder that the bible says, life and death lies with the tongue so choose life.

Now there are three things that were made to work together: The mind, The hands and The tongue. Think it, Work it, Speak it. A lot of times we think it and work it, but we forget to speak it, failing to recollect that the outcome lies with the words.

I was talking with a friend the other day and just like me, he makes good use of his hands, In the sense that, he always keeps them busy. He loves to work and he works real hard. He's really smart and he comes up with different great ideas for his project but for some reason, he never gets any results. It reminded me of uni, and how I'd work all night and all day, read all the crooks and corners of the book from back to back, study all the handouts, carry out some major research, digest additional and advanced materials, attend all lectures and seminars and yet, the outcome never really reflected the input. Others on the other hand, who didn't even do 1 quarter of what I did, seemed to have had a better outcome most of the time. At some point, I thought there was something wrong with me that I had worked so hard yet gotten no results. But thinking about it now, I realize I had hindered them from coming by the things I had thought and said with my mouth like: I don't think this would come out great or I know I did poorly. I realized I had marked myself down by my thoughts and words even before being marked by supervisors.

Many a times, we so work hard, we do great things but discover that no great results are coming forth. Most times we tend to get frustrated and give up. But if we really think deep, we will discover that, results are not coming forth because we are hindering them from doing so. We are focusing more on our hands and minds, neglecting the power of the tongue. Our words are the products of our thoughts and it is our words that bring results.

Always do the best you can but never forget, it is what you say after your hard work that brings the result.

Lesson for the day: Be cautious of what you think and say, for you become what you think and your future becomes what you say.

Enjoy the rest of your week. :)

2 comments :

  1. Awww launna..I'm glad it had an impact and you can relate well with it. Its really time for us to change our words cuz that's the power we have over everything ..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your not alone hun..we are all learning. Life alone is a lesson in itself..xx

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs