LESSONS FROM A TRIP #1!!!!

Sunday 5 June 2016

Hey guys,

Happy beautiful Sunday to you. I hope you all had a great weekend and a blessed Sunday?

So a friend of mine recently travelled to the East on a mission trip through his school to reach out to a community. Specifically, he travelled to the state of Imo, into the village of orlu, outside the capital city of Owerri, where he was opportuned to witness the way people lived in the deepest part of the village. It's amazing how there were loads of lessons to be learnt from the people he saw and the life they lived. A couple of pictures were also taken to depict the lifestyles and situations he experienced whilst on his trip, and in light of that, he has decided to kick start a project which I'd be sharing with you soon .

In the mean time, I'd be sharing (subsequently), the lessons from the memories gathered from his trip. The first would be the most important.

BE THANKFUL: YOUR COMPLAINTS ARE SIMPLY BLESSINGS TO OTHERS. 


A few days ago, I remember complaining to a friend about my job and how time demanding it is. I remember saying " I work over 40 hours a week, place over 20 calls a day, attend endless briefs and meetings, visit sites upon sites, run office errands, attend to clients,:- the good, bad and ugly.. You name it!". I remember having this look on my face which pretty much read "TIRED" and then she goes "At least, you have a job". Nigerians will say " your own better pass". Many of us may have gotten responses like this, may be with regards to grades, marriage, possessions and many more.

 I have come to realise that one of the hardest things to do is to be greatful. I think at times, it's just human nature for people to take things for granted. I'm guilty of this I must confess. In some instances, its not intentional. We take our jobs for granted, our friends and family for granted, our health for granted, our mate for granted....the list could go on. We often assume that we will always have what we currently have. We forget how blessed we are. We go to our jobs everyday with no thought about the number of people who need a job and are unable to get one. We go to sleep in our nice comfy beds, with no thought about the number of people who are homeless. We complain about the food we eat, with no thought about the number of people begging on the streets. We wake up everyday healthy, with no thought about the number of people dealing with life threatening diseases. We are in relationships with people who love us and value us, with no thought about the people who may have lost the ones they loved to death or no thought about the people who have a broken heart or are in an abusive relationship. Many of us are blessed beyond measure, yet we still don't appreciate it..we want something different or we want something more, forgetting that the only way to get more is to be greatful for what we've been given first.

Be greatful for what you have. There is always someone, somewhere, wishing they had what you have. What you take for granted, someone else is praying for. Happiness never comes to those who don't appreciate what they already have. Always remember that your complaints are simply blessings to others. Be Thankful.

Ps: This post was inspired by the talented Joshua Jacobs of Jacob's craft photography. Look out for his project and the subsequent lessons learnt from his trip.

Have a blessed week ahead.

7 comments :

  1. Gratitude is important... I know that since I have been downsizing I have learned to be grateful with less... I learn this lesson daily and I hope to continue to learn it more with time xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice post Soph..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your style of writing. Very lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I always complained about my marriage and things weren't woruling out.it was so surprising how there was an entire turn around when I decide to stop complaing. Gratitude really goes a long way my dear. I am a witness. Nice post Soph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog really gives me life. It uplifts my spirit every Damon time. The picture's really touching tho. Nice shot by Jacob's craft. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie you need to blog more..I always look forward to your posts nd you know it. Nike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie you need to blog more..I always look forward to your posts nd you know it. Nike xxx

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs