WEEKEND BANTS: THE GRILLS IN AND OUT!!!!

Thursday 25 December 2014

Hello dear readers,

I finally got my leave off work last week which means more time for my baby blog :). I've had a few posts in my draft box for some time now but because I was busy with work and all, I couldn't really complete and publish them. Yesterday however, I published my Christmas post you guys should check it out and feel free to share your thoughts and comments about Christmas. This post is a bit late, it was meant to be published before my Previous post but I guess it’s better late than never.

So last week, while I was thinking of something to do for the weekend being that it seemed like most people had travelled for Christmas and Abj was beginning to feel empty, I got a message from my friend Jemma, suggesting that we go have lunch at the Grills in and out.



We had been there before sometime last year with Ewi and Detuke of tukesquest in this post but we decided to repeat the treat. Tonye who got in from PH was in the mood for some weekend chills so we invited him as well. We had a couple of drinks, well, Jemma and I had pretty much the same thing: A regular glass of Chapman and a plate of grilled chicken and sweet potatoes. Tonye decided to watch us eat while he had only a regular glass of Mojito. There were also nice sea foods, the Naija grills (for those who love hot and spicy foods) and a variety of superb non alcoholic cocktails.








Mojito cocktail
Sweet potato,grilled chicken and tomato sauce



Towards the end of the lunch, Bundus who had just recently returned from jand, decided to meet us up.


Being that we all went to Uni together, there were loads of catching up from Uni days, to Nysc struggles, to work life and to elections. We gisted for so long we dint want to stop lol we decided to switch bases or rather, do I say, change locations. We wanted a more relaxing chilling environment and so, Bundus suggested we go to the P lounge located on the 6thfloor at silver bird.



None of us actually knew about the P lounge, well of course, apart from Bundus. Apparently, it had been there for quite a long time and I guess it’s one of those under G places to chill if you don’t really want to be seen by the loads of familiar faces that usually patrol around and within Sb. We chilled at the extension area which was like a large roof top balcony where there were loads of fresh air and a bit of quiet. We definitely felt more relaxed. I liked the lounge, especially the view from the top of the roof. Though, there were no forms of entertainment apart from the Tv which had no volume. I had just a can of coke as I had eaten earlier (even though I would have loved to have some more food) lol. The guys decided to entertain themselves with some bottles of drinks, after which they had some shisha and played some games while I occupied myself with my camera and some selfies (You know now! Ever ready with my cam).  
The view from the roof top.







Unlike the guys, Jemma and I had the same curfew for eight so we couldn't really stay out late (oh-yeah!! how do you see my rhymes?: we had the same curfew for eight so we couldn't really stay out late) lol I should be a rapper yo!. Trust Naija parents now..Jemma’s dad had already called and told us to be home before dark so we ended up staying out till about 7.30 after which, we called it a day.

It was a nice weekend; I enjoyed the catch up, the games and of cause, the food!! I’m looking forward to a better holiday and a better weekend ahead, though; I would be working on some posts which I intend to put up before the end of the year. So yeah!..look out for them.

I hope you have a nice holiday ;).


2 comments :

  1. Hey love
    I Jst saw your comment on my blogpost. Now following you. Also your camera seems to be doing you well

    Www. Perezvoguediaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sounds like so much fun. There's grills in and out in Lagos now sef, Jemma's hair has really grown sha. Eyah, Tonye, longest time!

    http://tukesquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs