MY TESTIMONY: I SURVIVED!!!

Monday 8 February 2016

Earlier this year, I asked God for a testimony(ies) and he gave me one.

Yesterday was a day I saw my life before my eyes, a day I knew what it felt like to have ones heart in her mouth, a day I experienced darkness and light at the same time, a day my father came through for me in the most miraculous way. It was my 'near death experience' day.

I had dismissed from church and was headed for a photoshoot session with my friends Susan and Emeka, when we found ourselves on a one way narrow road. We had driven quite a distance, and had kept to the left end of the road for the most part of the drive while a similar sized car had been driving on the right end of the road. Suddenly, a jeep surfaced behind us, and manueovered its way to the middle of both cars, in attempts to overtake. Having seen the danger, we tried to avoid it by swerving a little towards the left where there was a steep ditch, in hopes that he would adjust and find a balance but the reverse was the case. He lost his balance and swerved speedily into us. Before we knew it, the car began to spin and spin and spin...and all I could hear were driftings and screechings from the breaks of the cars. In that moment, I had lost sight of my environment, as all I could see was dust. I had lost my mind to panic and fear, that all I could utter was 'Jesus!!!' as we kept spinning. I had imagined another car running into us or falling into the steep ditch. I thought about my life, my family.. I remembered my late friend who passed in a similar way as I sobbed and screamed. Miraculously, it finally came to a stop and we found ourselves on the other side of the road, with no injuries at all.



I wept because I knew that was clearly God.

God's love is like an ocean. You can see the beginning but certainly not the end. He loves us endlessly. I'm indeed thankful for his grace, his mercies, love and protection over my life and that of my friends. I'm thankful that I can say:..I survived!!.

3 comments :

  1. Praise God who in His infinite mercy saved you and your friends. Nothing missing nothing broken. I thank God on your behalf. Please count your blessings and not your loss. He is faithful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise The Lord! He is good and His mercies endure forever! Celebrating your testimony with you! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the lord indeed!..He is ever faithful to his children. Thank you Ayo dear..Xx

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs