10 THINGS I LOVE TO DO DIFFERENTLY!!!

Saturday 4 October 2014



Happy weekend guys!

Its been such a beautiful sunny Saturday for me. Unlike most of my Saturdays, this feels really exciting and I don’t know why. Yes, I know I have a lot to do today. There are the two big boxes of archives I need to take down and sort out, there’s also grocery shopping but I just don’t want to begin them yet since I already succeeded in doing my laundry and have decided to go on a blog break. Anyways let’s get down to the basics. 


As humans, we tend to see things differently and act in different ways that either looks cool/normal to others or crazy/weird to them. I was listening to the radio yesterday and a question was asked about the things people love doing differently. A couple of people shared a list of things they loved and enjoyed doing differently, I found it quite interesting, and then it got me thinking about mine. I eventually came up with a list of ten things.

Here are a list of ten things I enjoy doing differently.
  • I love to see the world through the eyes of a child: 

This is a part of me that may never grow up. Through the eyes of a child, life looks more beautiful and less complicated. As a lover of kids, I get to experience the world in this view again. Simple things we don’t think about like lying in a field while looking up at clouds, the sun gleaming down on our faces, running in the rain, picking flowers and many more inspires them. As an adult, the world may seem black and white but viewing the world in color seems much better to me.

  • I love to think optimistically: 

Thinking optimistically makes me see the world as a place packed with endless opportunities especially in trying times. I always look forward to each new day and the possibilities ahead of me. No matter how thick the clouds may be, there would always be a silver lining. 

  • I love to live in the moment but dream in the future: 

I usually love having hopes and setting goals, I also have wants and aspirations but I try not to get caught up or lost in them because the future matters a lot but the present, the immediate moment, is the only moment I can actually live in. The rest is only an illusion.

  • I love to honor my eccentricities: 

I know who I am and I try my best to be myself all the time because if a person likes me for something I am not, I end up regretting and losing the value of who I really am. More so, if I miss out on a person that would like me for what I am and not what I am trying to be.

  • I don’t bother about changing situations but learning to deal with them appropriately:  

Over the years, I have come to realize that devoting your energy to changing people or situations is a total waste of it. You can’t push or force it cuz it doesn’t work. Instead of wasting time, trying to change things, I learn and develop the best coping skills to deal with the situation.

  • I love to not be all about the money:  

Of course the money is important and necessary, but sometimes, passion matters, compassion too, love matters, kindness, charity, experience, respect, dignity. Personally, I believe in doing what you love and the money will follow.

  • I love to render my services wholeheartedly: 

I love feeling and being useful. I love it when I do something and its satisfactory. No matter where I find myself, no matter how high or low, I love to serve and serve with joy.
  • I love eating and showering with the lights off: 

I know this may seem or sound weird, but I enjoy doing most things with the lights off.  I find showering in the dark very relaxing, and eating with the lights off is just a common tradition for me as it makes me calm and puts me in a lighter mood for a better consumption. I guess that’s why putting on weight has been a major struggle for me. Research has shown that bright lights and colors make people freak out and tamp a lot more food down their gullets in vein efforts to cope with the sensory stress. So here’s a little secrete for those seeking to lose weight. Wanna cut some calories? Dim the lights baby!!.
  • I love to be dependent yet independent:
 I love to know that I have people around me who can assist me with and in anything, who I can entrust certain things to, confide in and ones who can support me but I try not to rely on them too heavily cuz that would leave me disappointed.
  • I love to sleep on my back with my arms crossed over my head:


I usually find it very difficult sleeping in any other position than this. I was browsing sometime back and saw a mail that said the way you sleep actually defines your personality. I don’t know how true that is but I was curious to find out my personality from my sleeping position so I decided to check and it said “ you are highly intelligent and enthusiastic to learn, yet sometimes, you are filled with cranky ideas which people find it hard to follow. You take good care of your family but the problem is you hardly love anybody’’ a little choosy huh!!.

What do you love to do differently? please feel free to share.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs