MY OVER AMBITIOUS EXPERIENCE!!!!

Sunday 17 January 2016

Hey guys,

Apologies for my long hiatus. I started the year with a bit of grief as I lost a friend so dear to me. But as the days go by, I realise I've got to accept what I cannot change and live while I still have a chance to live. I hope you all started off great and I hope the year's coming up even better than you imagined?

There is a common belief that the best investment options require a lot of money to get started, but the reality is that, there are small investments that allow you to start with as little as you have. Small scale poultry farming is one of them.


Earlier this year, I decided it was about time I invested. I had successfully grown my savings last year, but was faced with a pressing need which pretty much came in between my investment plans. I'd thought about the smallest business I could start, just as a side business, and then, small scale poultry farming came to mind. But due to the changes that had occurred with my savings, I became short of funds.

I prayed for some sort of financial favour and luckily for me, I got a call from an old friend of my mum inviting me to his house warming party. I honored his invitation, and at some point during the gathering, we stepped out and spoke at length, after which, he handed me some dollars. I was so happy and thankful. I didnt know exactly how much it was but it felt quite substantial when he placed it in my palms. I quickly clutched it firmly and fixed it in my pocket as I didn't have my wallet with me. It was as if God had sent him directly to me.

We returned back to the gathering and I began thinking about how I'd set up a backyard poultry farm at my house, build a cage for a few chickens, get them to lay some eggs, more chickens would hatch from those eggs, then I'd sell them to get even more chickens, build a bigger cage, rare them, sell them, then gradually move from the small scale farming to medium scale, and then to the large scale farming, after which, I'd probably sell all the chickens in other to buy some cows, which I would in turn, sell to buy some lands, which I would sell to buy some houses which I would also sell.....Mean while, I reached out to fetch the money just to know how much it was, and behold, it was gone. How on earth could I have lost such money? I questioned my self bitterly. It was right there in my back pocket..who would have taken it? I asked and searched around but to know avail. I was so pained..I actually wept. In my state of distress, I figured I had paid more attention to my ambitious thoughts and less to my environment. Hence, my chances of putting my plans to play were ruined.

This is similar to what happens sometimes as a result of being too ambitious. A couple of times, we get so caught up in getting ahead, that we forget ourselves in the scramble or we get so engrossed in reaching our goals that we forget the way to get there. We get ourselves under too much pressure and it reflects on our character. Being ambitious is great but being over ambitious could literally ruin your chances of achieving your dreams. On one hand, it could be a driving force, on the other hand, it could be a dragging force. Most of us aren't short on ambition. We all want more wealth, more success, more accolades, more everything but the reality is that; there's only so many hours in a day and more importantly, so many hours our bodies will allow us to work. If we can't control our ambitious drive, it will in turn, end up controling us negatively. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched and don't build your castles in the air. Be reasonably ambitious.

4 comments :

  1. Awe Sophie, I'm so sorry that someone stole that money from you... they won't profit from it and you will have success... keep holding on xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen my love..lol thank you very much..have a blessed week.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear, happy new year!! It's a pity you had to deal with the loss of a friend. As for the money though not blaming you because you were excited but someone like me will rather put money in a purse than in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Dleaona...while we are so eager to b successful, let's not forget that the present moment plays a role in achieving success. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs