HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Monday 4 January 2016


Here we are again folks, the start of a new year. The time when we're usually bursting with motivation and promises to not repeat the mistakes of the past.

I know I've learnt a lot in the last 12 months and I have spent some time, thinking about what my priorities will be this year. There are loads of possibilities this year, and the fact that we made it into the new year, means we've been given another chance,.an opportunity to set our priorities right and focus on what is more important - purpose and fulfilment.

A few days before the new year, 3 days precisely, I lost a friend who was so dear to me, in a way I never expected. I was shocked, cold and traumatized from the incident..different thoughts running through my mind. How could that have happend,..so suddenly and just a few days to the new year. It was a pain so severe and unbearable. One I'd never felt before. In that moment, I realised how short life is. We are probably all guilty at times of viewing time as an obstacle we need to hunker down and get through. E.g, "isn't it the end of the workday yet? I just need to get through this year..." Death reminds us that life is precious, temporary and not to be taken for granted. A daily practice of gratitude such as a simple prayer or a meditation, is a great way to stay positive and aligned with the awearness of the awesome gift of life. Also, appreciating the people we love isn't something we should leave for very special days like birthdays and good days. Appreciate your loved ones everyday cause the next second isn't guaranteed.

For me, this year is going to be my year of gratitude and appreciation to self, and everyone around me. Any other thing can come second but I urge you all to set your priorities right this year and let love rule your world.

Wishing you all a very happy and fulfilled new year.



1 comment :

  1. Awww.. Happy New Year Sophie of Laiffe.. Best Wishes to you and Yours. I am very sorry for your loss my Dear! may his soul rest in the perfect peace of our Lord GOD... In JESUS mighty name.. Amen.

    This line was as true as true can get hence it got me.. You know nah.. the line where you went: "Death reminds us that life is precious, temporary and not to be taken for granted." and i couldn't agree any less.. So my Advice is that we maximize our every moment.. cause the next is all so uncertain.. Best Wishes Bubba. xx

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs