ON TIMES AND SEASON!!

Sunday 6 March 2016

Hey guys,

Happy new month and happy Sunday.

I believe you've had a great week past, and a very blessed Sunday like mine. :)

Its the month of March again, and with it comes the long rainy season. Anyone a fan of this season? Well, I guess not!..Especially if you are a Nigerian. You know, most Nigerians have many reasons to wish the rain away. From messy environments owing to bad roads and bad drainage systems, to getting stuck in traffic on a raining week day,..the list could go on.

The one thing I love about the rainy season however, is the goodness it brings by the basketful. Yes! The green palatable fruits.


I'm not sure anyone gets as excited as I do when its mango season. I like to think that mangoes are pretty much one, if not the
best fruits.

In march, the trees get heavily pregnant with green mangoes and the rains gradually turn them yellow over time, giving me the pleasure I desire.

People however, do not find the need in observing the transformation of this irresistable fruit, due to the viciousness to make money. And so, they result in spending time and energy, using sticks to bring them down by force, and hot water to ripen them by fire. A process I'd normally call "by fire by force".

I remember back at school when we had a big mango tree in the middle of the assembly ground, it was strictly out of bound to be seen around the tree at anytime other than the assembly time, not to talk of plucking mangoes off the tree. Being the stubborn child and a tom boy that I was, I decided to go against the rules with a gang of fellow boys in girl's skin, by mapping out a plan, and volunteering to take the lead by climbing, in other to get the largest amount of mangoes, all things going as planned.

Shortly after I climbed and had succeeded in plucking a few mangoes, a staff on duty approached and everyone dispatched quickly with the little we were able to gather, except for me, who was ofcos, stuck on the tree.

Eventually, I was asked to come down, and in the process, came in contact with some sharp branches, leading to some injuries. I got detained for a while, and even got more injuries after being whipped messlessly by the staff on duty. To cut the long story short, I got lashed, got injured, missed dinner, got in the black book and by time I went back for my share of the mangoes, they were very sour. So much for the stress. There is really no satisfaction in eating green unripe mangoes for me.

I was in my room one morning and I heard thudding sounds. I peeped out of my window and smiled at the sight. The mangoes I was struggling to pluck a few weeks ago, were falling like leaves. Yellow succulent looking mangoes covered the ground and all we had to do, was bend down and pick. No fire, no force, no stress, no injuries..and I mused at the wonders of God.

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1


When we force a thing to happen before its season, we don't enjoy the fullness of it. We miss out on the sweetness, and set our teeth on edge. We labour so hard for it, get bruised/scared in the process, and still end up not getting the best. Some even loose their lives in the process just because we refuse to wait for the right time.

We serve a God of seasons and every man has his season. Just because we don't see a person blossoming, doesn't mean his life is cursed or the fact that his business isn't going well, then he's a lazy man or a loser. The fact that he is not in his season doesn't make him useless. As a matter of fact, his roots are only generating and anchoring firmly underground in preparation for his sprout.

Time will come. And while we wait, let's not forget to prepare ourselves. No one cuts down a mango tree just because its out of season. Dont bring your life to a hault because you don't see immediate results. There is a season, and who knows, it might just be around the corner.

Have a blessed week ahead!..:)

3 comments :

  1. Lol I know right!..I can't even attempt that anymore. Thanks to growth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww..bless her!.. I think the yellow ones are better and juicy. I think you should try them..its not too late to join the club lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol....this got me cracked up with laughter.
    So true we can't cheat nature and when we do things by fire, we set ourselves on fire as well.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs