IN MY SHAGGY LUXURIANT HAIR!!!

Sunday 31 July 2016

So I was being hairducated last week, and someone referred to my hair as 'shaggy' yet luxuriant. I thought it was a slang at first, but it turned out it was a real word. Anyways, the main statement that caught my attention reasoning was this: "you are your hair'. Do you agree or nah? I think I'd say yes! I am my hair cos we are both natural, beautiful and strong, we've both suffered from the hands of people who didn't have a clue as to how to treat us well so we could thrive, we are both growing, we are now both a lot more healthy since we eliminated bad treatment...and yeah, we both love to be showered with love, care and appreciation. In light of this, I have put together a little poem expressing my love and appreciation.



In my shaggy luxuriant hair 
exists an exotic energy 
that has been there for centuries,
strengthening me continuously and
allowing me to muster the ability 
to see, act and think clearly. 

In my shaggy luxriant hair,
The soul of Africa lives, giving my spirit culture and foundation, 
Enlightening me on the essence of creation,
Bringing me education and elevation 
of the truth of my beloved Nigerian nation 

In my shaggy luxriant hair are African songs 
that make me STRONG,
that tell me who I am and where I belong. 

In my shaggy luxriant hair,
There are probabilities and positivity in large capacities,
traveling at high velocities,
possessing infinite possibilities 
of peace, progression and prosperity. 

In my shaggy luxriant hair are powerfully 
refined proteins,
packaged with profound principles
which make me such an invincible queen

In my shaggy luxriant hair,
Knowledge, wisdom and insight 
have been unwined to 
form the admirable forces of passion and fire that drive me.

My shaggy luxriant hair 
is natural 
is magical
is original 
is BEAUTIFUL

2 comments :

  1. I think your shaggy hair looks very pretty Sophie... I actually think it looks good and very healthy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful peom. I think my hair has a mind of its own sometimes no matter how much love and care I put into it. Nice hair you got ther.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs