BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT!!!!

Saturday 8 August 2015

Hey guys,

How has the weekend been? Did you guys get up to much? Mine has been filled with quite a lot of preparations..*sigh* its back to work again. My breath of fresh air has finally come to and end lol. Can't believe its been three weeks already. I feel like its been just three days but I guess I just have to brace myself and face the music again. Let's hope I'd have more time to blog this time.


Okay so two days ago, I battled with what seemed like a perturbing feeling. A feeling that my brother was gradually loosing his mind as he no longer seemed to be aware of himself, not to talk of his environment. Not quite sure how to approach him, I called my mum to discuss the problem and she told me there was a simple test I could perform to give her a better idea about his sudden absent mindedness/mind loss. 

Here's what you should do she said: let the windows to his room slightly open when it starts raining and see if he notices and closes them before his room gets wet. That evening, It began drizzling and slowly began raining heavily. Then I went straight to his room to open the windows as planned. Few minutes into the storm, I realised he was out of sight for a bit so I began calling his name, wondering if he was unawear that it was raining heavilly and needed to go check his windows..Then he came out of my room surprisingly, wondering why I was calling his name like I was in a murder situation. Then I said to him: I hope you know its raining and you need to go check out your windows. Then the he replied saying : yes! I do! Which is why I just got in from packing your washed clothes and went straight to shut your windows.

It turns out I was the one with the problem after all. I was very much absent minded for a couple of days that I Couldn't tell that my brother had been ill for some time, hence his mood. Apparently, he was pretty much awear that the clouds had gathered and it was soon going to rain so, he shut his windows early enough. I on the other hand, had forgotten that I had washed and spread my clothes outside not to talk of remembering my openend windows.

Moral: The problem may not be with the other person as we would always think, could be very much within us..!

Majority of the time, we think that certain things dont work out for us because of the people we are with or the people we hang around with. But in most cases, if we take a closer look, we find that the problem is actually or might actually be from us. Imagine a man complaining about his wife not being able to be a listening ear when in actually sense, he hasn't been a good/effective communicator or a woman complaining about her husband not giving her enough attention when in actual sense, she hasn't been making herself available. 

Life is what we make of it. If you want a change, be the change yourself and if things around you don't change, then the problem is not you.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

1 comment :

  1. Great lesson... Guess it is for reason like this that the bible say we should remove the log from our eyes, before we consider the speack in our brother's (Matt. 7:5).

    Have a lovely weekend Sophie.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs