ON LOVE AND A POT OF SOUP!!!!

Thursday 20 August 2015

Over the weekend, I had a little time to go grocery shopping, and I realised it's been a while since I made soup due to the busy nature of my job. I got some soup ingredients, feeling somewhat excited and very much ready for the kitchen, I decided to make egusi soup. :D


I got started that evening, with my palm oil, salt, vegetables, maggi, cray fish, chopped pepper, meat and other ingredients, fried my onions and blended lemon seeds, added my stock and other spices, leaving it to cook for a while. Upon opening the pot and tasting the soup, I realised I had put in way too much salt, that it almost tasted like salt in its self. How on earth could I have poured in so much salt! I wondered to myself. I figured I had responded sharply to the fright stimulus of an insect that flew towards me while trying to add some salt, resulting to the excess that poured into the soup.

In my state of despair, I tried to think of the best way to get rid of the salt. Adding more water was going to make it too watery and adding more egusi (lemon seeds) was going to make it too thick. I needed to find a balance and so I remembered my biology class. Osmosis- the movement of water molecules from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration, through a semi permeable membrane, to achieve a uniform concentration. I quickly grabbed a number of raw potatoes, dispersed them within the soup, left it for a while, and in no time, it saved the day. The potatoes had absorbed the excess salt and the soup on the other hand, had absorbed more water from the potatoes, causing them to shrink in size.

My experience with the potatoes and the pot of soup, made me realise that love is nothing more than Osmosis between people who love each other. If you love God, your love works to put you on a level with God. A relationship of exchange exists between you and God. He takes away your pain and fills you with joy.

Suppose on the other hand, you love someone who is weak and not with the same intelligence you possess, whereas, you are highly evolved, very luminous and highly intelligent. You have a relationship of exchange with him/her and one fine day, he/she will become stronger and more luminous, he/she would have benefited from your love and become richer and nobler wheras, you would have lost something in exchange: his/her weaknesses filters into you and your strength flows into them until you reach a common denominator. In the long run, you'd be exactly like each other that you'd even look like each other.




It is no wonder that God says: I want people to see me when they look at you. If you truly love someone, you end up looking like them. But don't forget also, that true love is first and foremost, a sacrifice

Enjoy the rest of your week.





6 comments :

  1. I agree!! Such a lovely post and the twist from egusi soup to love is truly creative.
    http://wairimumurigi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! Indeed this is such a lovely and insightful post. I must agree..you have one hell of a creative pack of juice..I mean your good at the way you write and how you are able to draw lessons and meanings from the tiniest things. Really nice post I must say..I love your style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is soo smart..who would have thought that such lessons and observations could be made from a pot of soup..thumbs up to this post tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought truly? Nice analogy Sophie. Life is indeed about little tiny things versus big things no matter how unrelated they seem at first glance there will always be lessons you can replicate.

      Delete
    2. Lol thank you so much guys...inspiration is every where I guess..we just have to see the beauty in everything we look at rather than search for the ugliness..:)

      Delete
  4. My GOD Ribena...

    "I quickly grabbed a number of raw potatoes, dispersed them within the soup, left it for a while, and in no time, it saved the day. The potatoes had absorbed the excess salt and the soup on the other hand, had absorbed more water from the potatoes, causing them to shrink in size."

    How can 1 child be so smart?! bia are you sure that ya hacSHually 24, or are you just messing with us **wears Puzzled face... I mean your wisdom is just plain amazing...

    It is always endearing Nne.. how you can relate just about anything and i mean anything into passing a message of inspiration... Bravo! Bubba... Bravo!!! Truthfully Nne.. We should only be with people who we stand to gain from.. learn from and who make us beRRRa.. However I for one believe that no human being is an utter vegetable.. as we could be strong in one area.. and they in another.. In Dating as you haf clearly preached above.. It is imperative that we find someboRRy that has what we want to have.. A trait.. A potential or a skill... that could help us grow and that way.. Your ghen ghen theory of "Osmosis Love" can favor both parties.. Ehhmmm ** Scratches head.. Call me Confused.. But a popular rumor is that frequent Sex makes couple resemble each other.. and i agree.. **Wears Evil cheeky smile :) Cheers Nne.. This was a ghen ghen read aswear.. and that pot of soupe ehhnnn.. **Swallows saliva.. You just made me hungry... and the crowd goes.. Ooooosssshhheeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs