ON FLEEK OR ON FLUNK?!!!

Sunday 9 August 2015

Hey guys

How are we doing today? Hope everyone's ready for the new week. I must say its been a well rested weekend for me and I am surprisingly, looking forward to Monday..lol.

Over the past few months, while diving into modern day glossary, one word has continually caught my attention and has left me pondering on what it actually means to be - on fleek.


It so happens that the word "Fleek" has infiltrated my social media feeds, such that, every where I look, I find friends going "dress on fleek" nails on fleek" hair on fleek" ass on fleek" eye brows on fleek" and what have you. So I wonder to my self; what is this "fleek" and what does it mean to be on it?

After much deliberation, I resulted to conducting google to school me a little and then, I found that to be "on fleek" simply means to be "on point". Without much ado, I acclaimed it.

Days later, I spotted a yummy looking, tempting platter of pizza on my neighbours dp, and to make matters worse, her pm read "pizza on fleek' thanks to chef Joe". Knowing how much I love pizza, I messaged her telling her to chill that I was coming to take a bite or 10. Soon after I got there, hungry as I was, I grabed a slice and took a bite. Behold, pizza was crap!. Not that I am good at making any better, I really had great expectations considering how it looked on the dp but it was quite sad that it wasn't even spicey enough, not to talk of being stuffed. It was chicken pizza but wasn't stuffed with enough chicken and bacon..even rissoto wasn't tasting good as chef had chopped mushrooms in it.

This made me wonder: Are we really "on fleek" or "on flunk"?. Just like the pizza, do we think having our hair on point, makeup on point, "dress on fleek" eyebrows on check, "suit on swag" boobs on point, ass on fleek makes us on fleek?  What ever happend to the content? Our values, our minds, our principles, our souls.

Over the years, I have come to learn that things are never as they seem and what really matters is that which is whitin.

So while we are trying to have our bodies on fleek, let's not forget what is most important because really, while we may have our brows "on fleek", our brains may be "on flunk" and let's face it!..we are probably 'on flunk" too or what do you think?



:D


6 comments :

  1. Delightful thoughts indeed. Things are never as they seem really. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolz it's really baffling how people fleek on everything on SM.. I won't be surprised if i see water on fleek.




    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao @ water on fleek..its never that serious I guess..lol tenx for dropping by.:D

      Delete
  3. Lol
    Thought I was the only one thinking this word has been so abused lately
    Everything is "on fleek" everywhere, these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie oh! Sophie! How she neFer fails to inspire regardless of the Subject maRRer thrills me.. And i mean It thrills me all time every time.. Oh well.. I guess the name of this page isnt Sophs"INSPIRATION" for no Reason... **Winks

    You know yeah Bubba.. I for one feel its Value over packaging.. I mean Yes.. The packaging matters as that is what we first see.. and a tasty sweet okay sorry.. Candy (Like you Onyibo someboRRies call it) in a Rubbish package WILL have low sales... .. Packaging is what catches the eyes et al.. But what really matters as humans and young people is our TRUE self worth and not just our Public worth (Social Media et al)..

    Me aYam kuku learning that in every way yeah Bubba. We should strive to be a beRRer us.. Not just cause we want the world to sing our praises yeah. But cause that will make us the most fulfilled.. Cheers Bubba.. This post is on 'Fleek' as always.. **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile.. And the crowd goes.. Oooooossssshhheeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs