THE MUSIC IN MY SOUL!!!

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hi Guys,

Its another Wednesday and I hope you all are having a good week? Mine seems to be going pretty chilled and fast.
For some reason, I woke up yesterday morning feeling a bit weird and down. I din't seem to understand why I would wake up feeling like I had been transported to a different world entirely. It felt completely unusual and really dull which seemed quite scary and depressing. I guess I was having an epiphany or It just finally hit me that I am actually getting old as I was + 1 two days ago lol. Somehow sha, I was  able to get myself out of that scary state through the help of some music.

Oh! did I mention that music is one of my inspirations? I never really discovered the power of music on till my Uni days when I experienced quite a lot of emotions ranging from anxiety before presentations, depressions and frustrations after having bad days or going through different challenges. I had to be my own motivation and I was forced to find daily inspirations that would constantly keep me on the go, and then, I found Music.


Apart from gospel songs, one of the songs I found really uplifting and fell in love with was a song by Katty Perry tittled Firework. The sample lyrics goes like this: 'Do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind, wanting to start again? Do you ever feel so paper thin like a house of cards, one blow away from caving in? Do you ever feel already buried deep? Six feet under screams, but no one seems to hear a thing? Do you know that there's still a chance for you 'cause there's a spark in you? You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, just own the night like the 4th of July cause baby you're a firework..come on, show 'em what you're worth....'
I really love this song because the lyrics really speak for themselves. I love the fact that it's a really fun song that is upbeat, uplifting, and most importantly, about getting in touch with your inner self, inner power and being yourself, looking beyond those self doubts and negative feelings.

I really do love music and I love to sing. Even though you would not find me on x-factor as I am not the best singer in the world, the rhythm of a song and the beats that go through my body makes me feel good. There's nothing better than feeling a song, feeling the emotions of the lyrics, relating with the words and feeling the beat go through your ears and out of your toes. Music inspires me to think more deeply and notice things I probably haven't noticed before, it opens my inner eyes and helps me to express myself. I feel that there is always a song out there that can relate to different situations and help feel better about them.

Music sure does have an effect on most of us in some ways; It could bring back good memories, bad memories and can create the most magical moments of our lives. I can hardly imagine what the world would be like if there was no music.

Every now and then, we all need a little musical inspiration to brighten up our day so I decided to list a few songs that I find really uplifting, heart warming and inspiring. Most of the songs are classics to be listened to over and over again no matter how old we are and I hope you like them and they inspire you just like they inspire me.


  1. Walking on sunshine - Katrina & waves:
'I'm walking on sunshine, wooh, I'm walking on sunshine, I'm walking on sunshine and its starting to feel good'. 
This is quite a famous song that makes me smile, the upbeat tunes automatically brings a smile to anyone just by listening to it. It feels me with energy and urges me to dance. Its a happy song so make sure to dance as you listen to it.

    2. Return to Innocence - Enigma

This is an extremely strong and powerful song that invokes deep emotions. It reminds you to be yourself. Don't be afraid to show your emotions because denying them is just denying who you are. While others may see revealing your emotions as an act of vulnerability, its only by embracing your emotions that you move a step forward towards being who you really are.
  
    3. When you believe - Whitney Housten & Mariah Carey
I've always been a great fan of Whitney's songs (rest on Whitney). This is an amazing song about the power of hope and faith. If there are ever any times you're loosing hope, just listen to this song and hang in there. The miracles you want to create in life comes from first believing in yourself and then others. 

   4. You gotta want it - Roberta Gold.

This is a really powerful and inspiring song that would charge you up in the few minutes that you listen to it. If you want to get what you want, you have to want it from the bottom of your heart and give all that you can give. As long as you have the burning passion, nothing will seem impossible.

   5. Somewhere over the rainbow - Israel 'IZ' Kamakawiwo'ole's

'' Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, and the dreams that you dream of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly......dreams really come true''. This classic song is guaranteed to cheer you up. It is really peaceful and soothing. It is one of my favorite 'alone' songs.

   6. Its a beautiful day - Micheal Buble

I really love this song! each time I hear it, it makes me perk up and smile. No matter how bad your day may be, there is always something beautiful happening. the song reminds us that everyday is a beautiful day by itself. Its sends a message that no matter whats going on in our lives, there's so much to be thankful for.

   7. Don't worry Be happy- Bobby McFerrin

This catchy song is ridiculously happy. Its hard to be angry when you listening to this particular song. The lyrics are pretty simple: don't worry be happy, dont worry be happy now. 'The landlord says your rent is late he may have to litigate, don't worry be happy. In every life we have some trouble, when you worry you make it double.'' I really love the rhymes :) .

  8. That's what friends are for - Dionne Warwick, Steve Wonder, Gladys Knight & Elton John

This is a very beautiful all-time classic that has been sung by various artists. It is basically about the beauty of friendships and how we can always count on each other no matter what happens, good times or bad times. That's after all, what friends are for.

  9. You get what you give - New Radicals

If you've ever seen the inspiring movie 'Click', you'll probably love this song. It is basically about being true to yourself in a world where everyone tries to be someone else. Don't you ever ever give up on your dreams because you have what it takes to achieve what you want.

 10. Music of my heart - N'Sync & Gloria Estefan

This is probably one of my best songs. I really really find this song so beautiful and heart felt. The song expresses gratitude to the people who have always been there for us when ever we need them, the people who made us who and what we are today, people who taught us the amazing things in the world and made us bigger than we thought we could. It is truly the music of my heart. 

There are a lot more songs, probably hundreds and thousands of great songs out there that can really have great impact in our lives, and with the way our world and day to day activities can be quite stressful, discouraging or frustrating, it is quite mandatory for one to find some sort of inspiration in other to be constantly on the go. Music costs nothing and it is every where. It is the easiest and most accessible source of inspiration. So lets try to get some music into our lives for the rest of the week. 

Enjoy the rest of your week!! :).

1 comment :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs