THE WRONG SKETCH!!

Friday 28 November 2014

Hey guys,

Thank God its Friday. Hope you had a good week? I was really looking forward to the weekend myself because this has probably been the most busiest week in November for me. Sometimes I just miss Uni cuz at least, it felt like I had a little life then. This work life isn't for me at all...well, it is (of cos I love what I do and a girl's got to make some money). But really though, this work life aint easy at all..I even have to go to work tomorrow (can you imagine the imagination) sigh* the life of a working class lady..it hurts! it really does..I guess I just have to embrace it..cant complain.

This week seemed to have had quite a lot of celebrations especially by the law students. I was invited to a call to bar dinner/house party by an older colleague but I was reluctant to go as I dint know the celebrant in question + I wasn't sure I was going to know anyone there and I wasn't going with someone I knew very well. Anyways, I decided to go (it wont hurt to meet new faces).

Getting to the party, I was welcomed and introduced to a few people then I headed straight for the food as I  was really famished and tired from work (no time to front for food). Just as I was about having my first spoon of rice, a figure appeared before me and I just wondered why someone would just surface at that crucial point in time starring like he had caught me stealing food. I looked to see who it was but I dint know the fellow so I said 'hi, are you okay? then he goes 'yes my camp snob' (woo!!! excuse me!!) is someone suffering from  a bad eye sight? I turned to see if there was anyone else behind me but there was none. So, I asked him are you referring to me? I was surprised at the way he said YES YOU!!! with so much confidence. O-kay!! so I dont even know this guy and he calls me a snob? issorii. I asked to please give me some minutes so I could finish my food then we could talk..may be the hunger was having an effect on my visual memory.

After eating, he asked if I remembered a day I was walking with a friend of mine at camp looking for where we could charge our phones and then a guy stopped us asking if we needed any help then I just stopped, looked and walked off like he was invisible. Then the second time, we were all assembled on the parade ground, then he waved and I just threw my face away like who the heck is this dude waving, I dont know you!. Having heard these, I could not but utter a loud WOW!. I felt bad because I actually never realized that occurred at all.Of cos I remember the day of the first incident but that was plain wrong timing,,I mean camp on its own was a frustrating environment + this incident took place very early in the morning and I am not an early morning person. The fact I was up that early was enough reason for me to be malfunctioning. I actually taught it was a random guy who was lost just like us and needed to ask questions on finding his way around or something (you know now, the blind cannot lead the blind) then the waving incident was totally unintentional and besides, I am short sighted so you can see you - see me -see you, but I actually cant see you lol. I explained that the whole snob thing was just a miss perception cuz I am actually really welcoming on a normal day and I apologized.

I still found this a bit funny though because it reminded me of a sketch someone took of me a few months back at a park that I kept wondering who exactly was in it cuz I honestly dint think it was me.

??????????????
I mean, no one's perfect but I noticed that people see people differently. May be that was how my head shape looked to him or may be that was how he saw my cheeks lol but that certainly isn't how I look in reality or is it? lol. I was reading something someday about the difference between good artists and the 'not so good' ones then I stumbled upon a statement that said ''Firstly, people who cant draw well arent seeing the world as it really is. When we look at objects, our visual systems automatically misjudge such attributes such as size shape color, and research shows that some of these miss perceptions translate into drawing errors.

Relating this to what happened, I can totally agree with that statement. Everyone is an artist and everyone has different perceptions about different people. How you choose to see/view someone is entirely up to you. If you choose to see the negative sides of people, then you get the negative results from them but if you choose to see the positive sides, you get positive results from them just the same way we view life on its own. How you choose to view life determines what you get out of it.

The bottom line is, how people choose to see you is entirely their decision and not yours. You cannot try to fit into their sketches of you cuz they aren't as perfect as the original. Rather they have to amend their sketches, perceptions and views of you in other to get better results for themselves. Never change who you are just because someone thinks negative of you. You are beautiful and you are perfect in Gods eyes.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 comment :

  1. There's something about perception and theres another about the human mind.. First off people see others in the light of how they see themselves... I for one believe that a lady who doesnt "front" or in local parlance (see as you are making me speak big English i don't understand ehn) do "Shakara" is cheap skate (pardon my terms), so in my confused head yeah, its wrong to generalize based on that... and then something about the human mind is that it is quick to remember the wrong someone does to us.. It will not remember all the good ones ooo, but that Bad one will stick like a tattooo.. All in all, I am learning that its wrong to quickly judge, cause sincerely no ever really know. Cheers Bubba. A wise lady ince said "don't judge a book by the cover" and I believe her. ":P

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs