5 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR METABOLISM!!!!

Sunday 20 September 2015

Hey guys,

How was your weekend? Mine was really productive, unlike the previous ones. I'm glad I was able to work on my blog and attend to most of my pressing needs. Most importantly, I was able to clean up my room, complete a section of a little project Ive been working on and catch up on sleep that Ive missed. Sallah is just around the corner. Where are all my Muslim friends at? All roads certainly lead to your houses next weekend. Lol.

So a lot of people say I eat a lot, hence, the nick names #Ezendi #Ofoodo #jelly belly #chunky #butter finger #sopho monger..and what have you. But what they find most surprising, is that, despite all gluttony, I still remain the same in size. How? Has been the most common question I've had to answer all year. Well, the answer lies in my metabolism. Its FAST!.

A lot of people feel like hitting the gym is the only way to burn calories. Yes its effective, but it really is possible to burn them without spending hours at the gym.

Try out these few tips.

EAT BREAKFAST


Most people barely have time for this. But do you know that your metabolism slows down when you sleep and doesn't revive back until you eat again? Breakfast is very important as far as metabolism and weight loss are concerned. So, don't be a breakfast skipper but a breakfast eater. It sure helps to jump start and speed up your metabolism.

MUNCH AND NIBBLE ALL DAY


I do this A LOT.. I mean, like all the time. My colleagues wonder if I have a tank in my stomach. I know it sounds counterintuitive to say eat continually if you want to loose weight but guess what? Eating six to seven mini meals, as opposed to three larger meals everyday, keeps your metabolism humming 24/7.

MAKE PROTEIN BAE


Yes you read that right. You've got to make protein bae if you need a boost in your metabolism. I'll tell you why. Getting plenty of protein can boost your metabolism, causing you to burn 150 to 200 calories a day. It is made up of amino acids which are harder for your body to break down as opposed to fat and carbs. So you burn more calories getting rid of them.

SKIP ALCOHOL BEFORE MEAL


I learnt this one recently. Taking alcohol before eating isn't such a good idea if you are considering loosing weight or boosting your metabolism. Research shows that the body burns off alcohol first, meaning that the calories in the rest of the food are more likely to be stored as fat. If you must drink though, stick to wine which has less calories.

DRINK A GLASS OF MILK A DAY


I'm not really a milk/cereals person but I try to take a glass of milk every morning before leaving for work, if I am not able to have breakfast. Asides the protein milk gives, it posses calcium along with other substances in dairy which revives your metabolism, telling your body to burn excess fat fast. So whenever you feel you're running late for work, don't forget to grab a glass of milk.

I hope these help.

Please feel free to share some more tips.

Have a blissful week guys. :D

2 comments :

  1. Soph I agree with eating breakfast... one of the best tips I have is stop eating early in the evening, that way you don't have a full belly overnight xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm..I dint know that. I thought it was to stop eating late at night? What's the best time to have dinner though?

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs