ALONE WITH FAZE ALONE!!!!

Saturday 5 September 2015

Hey guys,

Welcome to September, the month of new beginnings. A big shoutout to all Virgos in the house. You guys rock mehn!!...well, not as much as Scorpios though *wink wink*. I know the weekend is almost over, but I'd really love to know what you'all got up to this weekend. As for me, I hung out with a couple of friends from way back at Uni, which was indeed, very delightful, went bowling with a few other friends afterwards, and hoping to visit the spa later tomorrow, curtesy Ada and Arinze, my niggas for days lol. What did you guys get up to?

It sure feels good to be on time with my 15 for 15 monthly challenge post for this month. I guess I've been delivered from the spirit of procrastination. *Hallelujah somebody*. This is definitely going to be a great month. I can feel it in my spirit, especially considering who we have in the house today:- Oji Chibuzor Richard himself, popularly known as Faze.



Faze, arguably one of Africa's finest vocalist, song writer and record producer, was a member of the defunct Nigerian hip hop group, plantashun boys, which split up in 2004, leaving each member of the group riding solo. Faze has since then, been one of the best selling Nigerian artist. His first album 'faze alone', sold over three million copies, while his second album 'independent', sold over seven million copies. His third album 'originality', went platinum in its first month after Its release.

Faze is known for his ability to sing the highest vocal note out of Nigerian contemporary male musicians. He is the most inspirational and gifted artiste in Nigeria, award winning singer and one of the greatest Artist in Africa at large. He is a crowd puller any day, any time, making him one of the most popular and powerful artist in Nigeria.

Let's get to meet him on a more personal level.

Thank you very much for coming on board Chibuzor, can we get to meet you?

My names are Oji chibuzor Richard aka Faze. I'm an RnB artist, the C.E.O Independent entertainment ltd. I was in a group called The Plantashun Boiz but now solo, and I've got five albums under my belt and counting. My managers are Plantashun Ent (Owoyemi Nathaniel & Odogwu Ifeanyi Oji).

What was the inspiration behind music?

The inspiration would be the love for the art. I had loved the whole idea behind music, artists, the iconic images, the aura/authority they command and the lifestyle.

What is your idea of good music

My idea of good music is one that touches the  lives of people, sounds really pleasant to the ears and most especially, appeals to people across the world.

Is there any particular song or musical message that never fails to move you emotionally? 

Yes!..they are too many to mention right now, as I'm a lover of good music. I appreciate all and any appealing song because, even some songs without contents, still reach out to people as long as they sound good, which explains why you like a song whether its in some other language that you don't understand but it still appeals to you if its a good song. Music is universal! Having said that, it's always a lot better, and makes more sense to have a content and meaningful lyrics, than to have none at all!!!

What skills/personal attributes do you think are important to being a successful artist.

Be as humble as possible to everyone, no matter their positions. Work with the right crew and connect/ pray to God at all times.

What typical mistakes do you think people make when trying to pursue a music career?

Trying to sound like someone else that has been there, instead of trying to be creative and original. You need to also know the genre of music you want to major in, because, I noticed that a lot of people coming into the art don't even have or know the genre of music they are into.

How about the 'faze brand' Could you tell us a bit more?

The Faze brand is a brand that's gonna be bigger and better than it was before because, we are actually putting in more work than before so we urge people to watch out.

Part of your new year project was to drop two new singles, one of which was 'Common sense'. What was the inspiration behind it?

Common sense was inspired by the elections that took place. I saw us voting who ever we wanted to be our leader, knowing that he or she would create an impact in the life of the people who voted them in, and besides that, I related it to everyone's personal decisions in life. Before making a decision it is advice able to weigh and balance everything using our common sense.

What are your views on the present government/leadership in the country? 

I can't really draw any inferences now. I think we should wait for a bit. The end justifies the means.

What principles govern your life/career.

Discipline, hardwork and prayer at all times.

What's a typical day for you like?

Always an early rise to work, practically live in the studio, hang out with friends sometimes, sleep late.

How important is image to you?

Image is very important to me because it gives the particular kind of iconic impression you want people to have about you and takes you a very long way.

What is your most valued material possession?

Can't specify.

Who would you be so nervous to meet?

God

Describe your ideal woman.

Respectful and very fund of me.

What should we be expecting from you in the near future?

More good music, collaborations, more videos, More iconic and exemplary setting acts, worthy of emulation by younger ones. 2000NFaze.

Thank you very much Chibuzor for coming on board. It was indeed great having you share your views and tips on becoming a successful artist. On behalf of my humble self and my fellow readers, we wish you all the very best in your future endeavors.

Until next time guys,

Have a blessed week ahead. :)

6 comments :

  1. Very nice interview..I love his simplicity and creative mindset. Good job soph..you're really going places with this space. I love. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a nice read..looking forward to the next..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview Sophie :-)

    I had a nice quiet long weekend... just walking and catching up on sleep I need. We all need that from time to time.♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww funny though, was just talking about faze with my brother

    His interview sounds soooo cool like him

    Congrats on your overcoming procrastination spirit lolz... it calls for celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whhopp! Whoop!! Faze!!!!! hehehehehe Oh mehn Reading this made me remember how Ecstatic I would get when KoloMental would play.. and how much of a Hit Originality was.. This guy is a correct festac guy all the way and I lof how he does his own thing regardless the pressure in the media.. Truth is Nne.. Life eezz kukuma teaching this 23 years 10 months and 28 days young and confused man.. That success, to a large extent, is determined by Humility, GOD'S love, Originality and sincerity of passion.. and yeah lack of Envy or jealousy.. But instead "Just dance like No one is Watching".. Weldone Nne.. This was a ghen ghen read aswear.. heheheheh

    Kai! Sophie.. I fia you eh!!! You know people shaaa... Aha! WaRRapin ni?! I can bet my life that you will have a politician on here before the series runs out.. Weldone Nne.. GOD bless you Bubba.. This was a very ghen ghen read.. and the crowd goes.. Oooossshheeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just couldn't miss his very positive mindset.
    Great Pick, Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs