GIFTED MINDS!!!!

Tuesday 2 September 2014

I was really Intrigued by little Alexa, a six year old girl who speaks five different languages; The three major Nigerian languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) including French and Arabic.
She can sing her ABC's in all three languages, can count in Arabic, can read fairy tales in french and already has an ambitious list of career goals..how Amazing!!!. Check out Alexa's list of career goals:

I want to be a Doctor.
I want to be a Princess.
I want to be a Dancer.
I want to be an Actress.
I want to be a Singer and
I want to be a Mom.

We read a couple of books together and she taught me a bit of french. We also learned some alphabets in Igbo and Yoruba and numbers in Arabic.
I learned how to count to 10 in Arabic.
 1 is Wahid, 2 is Ithnaan, 3 is Thalaatha, 4 is Arba'a, 5 is Khamsa, 6 is Sitta, 7 is Sab'a, 8 is Thamania, 9 is Tiss'a and 10 is 'Ashra.
Honestly, this was a great experience for me. A lot of adults, don't and cant even learn their native languages including me I must admit. Its amazing how kids can change ones views and attitude and the joy that comes just by seeing them grow and fulfilling their dreams.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs