MY NEW TAG!!!

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Hello people,

Its been 3 weeks since I officially started learning to drive, and as I drove out this morning, I got called quite a few number of names, even though I still maintained my manners by ignoring them all.
Some people called me a learner (which of course, with no doubt, I am), some made jest of me, some called me crazy, some, stupid! some, senseless! and many other names.
As I drove on still, I taught of the tags I had picked up through the years and how I have worn some proudly; like ''The world's best daughter'', 'The world's most amazing sister'', ''Queen of Ethiopia'', ''Favorite staff of the term'', ''The homemaker'', 'The peacemaker'', ''The caregiver'', ''The friend'' and many more. while others not so proud of, ''The naïve one'', ''The failure'', ''The depressed'', ''The invincible'', ''The bitch'', ''The low class'', ''The low life'', ''The NFA'' (No future ambition) and may more.
I am sure most of us have had different tags like mine, some of which we fix to ourselves and others been pinned on us by the ones we love, or the ones we work with, or the ones who ''think'' they know us or maybe don't know us at all. We don't like these tags but yet, we wear them still.
I remember back when I was a child, I always complained about my head shape in fact, I had major insecurity issues because of that. I felt I was so flat headed that the wall was probably jealous of me. My brothers didn't even help matters as they constantly kept teasing me until I eventually gave my self the name tag ''The flat headed girl''.
As I grew older, I began envying my friends Sharon and Suzzy who could make different hairstyles as they had good head shapes while I kept sticking to my particular favorite hairstyle (Full weave all back).
Most times, I would have a lot of friends asking why I always wear the same look all the time and I would find myself saying things like 'cause I'm flat headed' or 'cause I don't like the shape of my head'. As time went on, and as the Brazilian hair evolved (please don't roll your eyes), I began to see the beauty in the way people looked as they tried different things like dying, curling, straightening and how it gave them different looks. Not that I was influenced or wanted to look like them, I just wanted to see a different side of me, I wanted to know how it would be like to make a change and have a different look. I figured I wouldn't get such if I kept being scared of trying something new. So, I began making conscious efforts to get rid of that tag by accepting and loving myself just the way God made me and also making the best out of what I was made to look like. With the feeling of relief and confidence I gained, I was able to start trying new things ranging from short hair, to long hair, to curly, to straight weaves and to braids.
Same thing applies to other aspects of our lives. We each have the power to choose the tags we want to be known by. Many people like to give different opinions about us, they like to comment and criticize everything we do while being imperfect in themselves. Don't let someone else's opinion be your identity, don't let someone else define who you are. We don't have to be known by our birthdates or become the sum of our mistakes, missteps and bad choices.
Lets take some time to examine the tags that have been assigned to us and start ripping the ones we no longer wish to wear. Some may come off easily, while others may take some time or live a little residue that needs to be scraped off with some little effort and time. What ever the tag may be, ''The Looser'', ''The Obese'', 'The wretched'', ''The slot'', "The Hypocrite", ''The betrayer'', we are free to either accept them or reject them for in the end, all that really matters is how you look before the King, Your father and Almighty God. I don't know about you, but I am a QUEEN an asset to a KING. ;-)

Have a blessed week.

3 comments :

  1. Woow Soph! this is really great!! nice one hun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okkaaaayyy... This geh you have sense shaaa... Been on your Blog for the past 1 hour and trust me.. My jaws have dropped more than once.. I mean that brain ehnn, Kai walahi it makes me wonder where I was when GOD was sharing sense.. I must have been at that Dang party close to the garden of Eden :(... The reason why I have less than 5 real friends is simple, I am easily influenced by the words of others, so I am learning to stay away from a lot of people, and keep my motivation intact.. People will always say things to put you down, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unconsciously, but its more about what you believe that matter s, not about what they say.. Like they say, "it is not what you are called that makes you, but rather what you answer too.."' So i am learning in this my 23 years confused life to be my own motivation and my own driving force, and to stay as far away from Negative people with wrong tags as possible.. However, having that I cant always be a loner, i never take B.S that people say to heart, and i often let it all slide on me like water on a Rock. Cheers Bubba. xx

    P.S: I met a fantastic lady yesterday (she is drop dead beautiful Sophie, Chisos, you need to meet her, as we chatted and exchanged pictures all through lastnight) and I called one of my crazy ONLY friends to tell him, the moron said ""You this boy, you fall in love every 3 weeks.."" lmao.. That was a negative tag issued unconsciously, hence so he doesn't kill my enthusiasm, i jejely cut the call... Thats the Duru's way.. Hold your Tag to yourself i guess. :) Nice one bubba, it was a fun and enlightening read.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs