just a call: THE IRONY OF LIFE!!!

Monday 26 January 2015

It was one of those days when everything seemed to have been working against me.

First, it was stomach cramps from hell during the day, then the stress of having to go to the bank, only to discover that my bank statement wasn't really in favour of me, then having to go home to a pile of huge boxes and cartons of stuff waiting to be off loaded and organized. As if that wasn't enough, the people I was hoping to get home to (for consolation), had decided church camp was going to be home for them for the next 3 days. They had dashed off for a church program and had left me all by myself. What's a girl to do?

I was home alone with my worries, so I thought it was best to just get busy. Prior to this time (9pm), my phone was really busy. I had been receiving a lot of calls from mama, aunty, brothers, friends and colleagues but as soon as I decided to get busy, 'Sorry' was my name. I slipped in the process of lifting up a box and got injured on my left eye (I'm presently writing with a red eye even as I am short sighted lol). As if that wasn't enough, my phone had fallen so hard that I thought "this is the end". Luckily for me, it still had its parts intact but I was unable to do anything with it. The keypad had gone haywire and I couldn't even unlock the phone not to talk of texting or dialing any number. I had held in a lot for that day and I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to talk to someone but there was no way I could call.


I sobbed and sobbed waiting for mama's call, waiting for friends' and siblings', waiting to pour out the pain and worries I felt at that time. They had been calling all day (checking up), but no one did at that particular moment I really needed to rant. I stared at my phone like a kid anxiously waiting to see what present mum got him but nothing came in. Just as I was about to switch of the phone entirely, and find solace in my bed and with my pillow, a call came in and it read Duru Adolphus Jnr. (Can't thank you enough dear). He stayed the whole time just listening, after which he gave me some words that finally sent me to sleep.

Isn't it funny how life can be Ironic sometimes? Isn't it funny how the people we least expect to be there for us when in need are the ones that surprisingly show up? This might seem very small or even irrelevant but its the very little things that count the most.

One thing I have noticed in life is that when all is rosy and smooth, everyone is by your side, walking it with you but when the thorns reveal themselves, only a few if not none, would be present. The funny thing is that most times, it is often always unintentional from those we expect to be there for us and are not. If you could be at the other side, you would find that they think you are fine and at that 'Critical point' when you need them, they are probably occupied or even going through the same thing as you, seeking for an ear to listen. But I guess that's the irony of life.

Picture this: while my phone was marred and I needed someone to talk to, I had none but one (one I had just met 3 weeks ago on blogsville not even in person). But the minute I was fine, fixed my phone and left it charging for an hour the next day, I got back to 5 missed calls from 5 different people I had known for years lol. So tell me! How ironic can it get?

Enjoy the rest of your week.. :D              

4 comments :

  1. Whoa!!! i mean mehn! I mean aha! Damn! Omo! wow! now this is amazing on all levels.. Ii never Hexsperred it aswear... Turn up Turn up ladies and gentlemen, this young and Confused 23 year old brother got mentioned on one of the coolest blogs there is... So I dedicate this mention to www.janylbenylshares.com as Mama lit the match that set the bush on fire... and I really thank GOD for the opportunity to be there for you at that exact moment.

    You know yeah Bubba, its amazing.. Amazing how life is.. Amazing how when things are green and everything is perfect and ghen ghen for us, people are everywhere (both intentionally and unintentionally) and then Bam! When things go south a bit, people kinda disappear (Intentionally and unintentionally) but one thing i am learning in my 23 year 2 months and 15 days old life is that we are really on our own in this populated place called life, as regardless of how the world is filled with zillions of people, we are all just 1 persons each living in our own world. So Bubba, I am learning to at all times shake off the pressure, take of my shoes and dance like no one is watching with the one that makes me happy, cause on the long run bubba, i am all i'v got and my happiness is top priority.. Thank you so much for this post Sophie and for the mention, it was a fun read as usual, and you do me a great honor with your kind words... In one of my mentors voices... OOOossshshhhhheeeey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I'lld go look it up right away. Yeah dear its really nice and pleasing to find those who you least expect to be there, show up at the critical time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duru Adolphus Jnr; saving pretty girls in distress since 1666.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.
      That's so Duru.
      And yeah Sophie! Thats the irony of life.
      The people you underestimate are often the ones who surprise you when you need help or just a shoulder to cry on while those you could have sworn would always be there leave you hanging.

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs