THE DUSTER!!!

Friday 2 January 2015

Happy new year my darlings, I'm glad we made it!.

Shout out to my new year babies: Mummy and Ebuski! Nothing ever makes life so special than having friends and family like you. I am really thankful for your lives and I am glad to be a part of it. May the goodness and blessings of the lord never depart from you now and always. Amen!

Now to the koko of this post.

As usual, I spent most of my weekends dusting and cleaning, as it has always been a normal tradition in my home. Most times however, regardless of what day it was, I would normally clean for two reasons: (1) Cos I really needed to, and (2) Cos I was expecting someone or prepn, just in case someone came over. (eye-service yeah?) Well, you can say that again...lol.

Being that I don't live in a beautiful mansion where it automatically feels warm and salubrious, especially when I love to make my guests feel super comfy and at home, I love to dust and make sure the house is in perfect shape even when there's really nothing to fix or dust.


I would sometimes even refresh the air with a freshener, prepare some movies or play some background music, get some drinks or snacks ready, turn on the Ac's or dim some lights a little, all to create a cosy comfortable environment.

Sometimes, when I get caught off guard by my guests, I find myself trying to explain the condition of my home whereas, all they are actually really interested in, is the state of myself, my health, my life and my well-being in general. I realized I had been focusing on making my home more attractive and appealing when in fact, all that really mattered, was me!.

This is how life is. A lot of us are like dusters. We pay a lot of attention to the state of our bodies with good intentions of making it more attractive and appealing to our friends and society. We spend a heck lot of time, energy and money,making sure we appear impeccable on the outside by adorning our bodies with beautiful decorations, expensive cosmetics, costly jewelry, sweet smelling fragrance, designer clothes, multiple arbs, piercings, tatoos and all sorts, forgetting that what really matters is within (our souls).

This is not to say that beautifying the body is wrong (cause really, it isn't!) but the question is: Do we spend enough time beautifying the inside as we do outside? Do we try so hard to look beyond our flesh and adorn our souls or are we just out to impress and attract the world? Do we spend much time dusting and cleaning when in fact, we can be drawing, exploring, painting, learning, baking, coaching, leading, soaring, helping and sowing seeds? What do you think?

Of what use is life when all we are, are dusters trying to create an appealing image to the world, then when we are old and can no longer bare a cold, we ourselves will molder and make more dust.

Live life, it's pretty short. There's no much time with fun to have, music to dance, mountains to climb, rides to ride, rivers to swim, books to read, love to share, laughter to make, hearts to touch, lives to change, kindness to sow, mouths to feed and hands to hold.

Dust if you must but don't forget the soul that dwells within your dust.      
    
Have a beautiful weekend ahead. :)

8 comments :

  1. Thank you Jess..indeed! we get so carried away most times that we forget the real essence of life..my prayer this year is for God to constantly remind us and lay it on our hearts daily that from dust we came and to dust we shall return so therefore, the life we live and the soul we save is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.. great lesson thank you for posting

    www.tegastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Amazing, very inspiring sophie..I love your blog..keep it up beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, my first time reading this blog.
    Just finished reading "How I became an early riser" and also this. Have learnt a lot.
    Keep it up.
    You really a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Hiya bubba, ehmm **Scratches head.. This is my first time here yeah, so i am a tad nervous.. **nahhh Scratch that.. Turn up Turn up ladies and gentlemen.. I have found me a soul mate hehehe more like a blogmate **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile.. heheheheh Mehn i love this post... You know yeah, when I got to the 6th Paragraph, i had to stop reclining on my Jangolova sit, and sit well to pay attention.. This is such an Apt post, and has strong points.. its official, i wanna be like thou when i grow up..

    Something I am learning in my 23 year 1 month and 24 days old confused life is that its the man inside that really matters.. Not the man that i struggle so hard to project, not the man that looks wowo or fine in the eyes of others, but the man inside that no one sees. Sadly I frequently starve him of the necessary word of GOD, love and wisdom that he needs to grow.. It is well Bubba, thank you for this insightful and ghen ghencious post...

    This line sank deep into my young and confused head: ""Of what use is life when all we are, are dusters trying to create an appealing image to the world, then when we are old and can no longer bare a cold, we ourselves will molder and make more dust."" To it Sophie i was like word Bubba, strong words.. Cheers Bubba, and do have a ghen ghen 2015.. Turn up Turn up ladies and gentlemen, i have found me a soulmate on blogsville.. Lets just watch it unfold shall we.. **Shines teeth.

    P.S: I am a clown by a nature, please manage me, i am still growing :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Duru your really sweet and funny at the same time lol I love the way you write and I'm glad you found this really meaningful cuz we tend to loose focus on the inner aspect of ourseleves and life in general..I'm guessing you were born on the 13 of nov 91? If yes, then am glad we have somthing in common lol..I'm more than happy to watch things unfold and to read more of your ghen ghencious posts lol..welcome on board fam and cheers to a greater 2015..:)

      Delete
    2. Ghen ghen... I wonder how people understand what I write oooo, as i am but utterly confused.. Oh well what more can I say?! #ItcanonlybeGOD... ehm... **Blushes... So you are a November bebe too! Halelujah Someborryyy.. Inshort I never hexsperred this oooo.. I was born on the 12th of November 1991, i think around 1 pm or soo.. That was the day mama Duru was pushing me into this confused world... heheheh I dunno how come i feel so comfortable with you.. You know yeah, i am nearly tempted to send you my email address, but that would be me toasting the bread too fast.. Oya bye bye before i cause wahala.. Cheers Bubba, and know that you are a really smart child, and that in itself is endearing... **In D-banjs voice... Oooossssshhhheeeey.! :) xx

      Delete
  6. very inspirational,it got me thinking about my life.spot on dear.the sky is your starting point.

    bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs